ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
/recall
You know when you're betting and the person you bet on loses on purpose?
Just add a /recall or /refund function that refunds all bets that round.

this would basically prevent in-game rigging with bets
This would be an abused command if it were to be put into place. The cancel bets command is already put into place. Betting is a risk, and when you put your money on someone, you should know that there is a chance to lose it at anytime. I do not support this command.
A hasbeen like the rest
Also, you could just report the people who lose on purpose.

Not all people lose on purpose tho. Some people are just rlly rlly good at comebacks and stuff.

Not supported :<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
Also, you could just report the people who lose on purpose.

Not all people lose on purpose tho. Some people are just rlly rlly good at comebacks and stuff.

Not supported :<

I can understand the reasoning behind what dannyrug said, but that's just a dumb statement.
This could be abused by the ops, when they bet all their money and suddenly lose they can pannic and do this.

Also alot of times when you just lose people think you lost on purpose.

Not supported.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Adding a command that allows the operators to cancel the bets when they lose a high stake bets, after the match has been won is a stupid idea. It encourages abusing that power and the reason it isn't in the game already is probably because of that reason or something similar.

Not supported. We already have people abusing cancelbets, I wouldn't want to see people abusing this.
I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.
I don't believe this should be made a command at all, and I am all for giving the GM's and higher staff more commands. Just the fact alone that you can refund all bets is a bad idea. This command would definitely hurt more people than it helps, even if the in-game moderators were the only ones who could use it.
A hasbeen like the rest
How could it be bad if only the GM's were able to use it?
You're probably right considering you are a GM but I'd like to hear the reasoning.
Just the fact that a command like this exist, and players knowing about would cause a bit of a stir. Say a GM was to join a betting lobby, and a few people were not making the best bets. People would constantly nag the GM to /recall everyone's tc. Gambling is gambling, and when you make a bet, there is always the chance that you can lose your money. As of now, the /cancelbets feature is more than enough. I do like the fact that you are trying to help people out by saving there tc, but this is not the best solution.
A hasbeen like the rest