Ranking
Originally Posted by cutterchop View Post
Icky its because if new people joined u can't gaurntee they are alts or not.u do know when new players come the be set to a beginning server with other new player but turns out one of them is a alt ruins a game for the real new players I swear many of my friends stop playing for that reason, but for real u can count how many people are online now its getting boring to always meet same people argue then go off.all respect to u icky but ..therr is no way to revive game now except if a new game with new physics to make it hard to every one anyws thanks for respond

if somebody is an alt on a beginner server youre supposed to report them and they get infracted/banned for smurfing, easy as that.
Thing is, this game isn't dying but it isn't thriving like games like WoW or LoL..
What do you expect from an indie game
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Icky its because if new people joined u can't gaurntee they are alts or not.u do know when new players come the be set to a beginning server with other new player but turns out one of them is a alt ruins a game for the real new players I swear many of my friends stop playing for that reason, but for real u can count how many people are online now its getting boring to always meet same people argue then go off.all respect to u icky but ..therr is no way to revive game now except if a new game with new physics to make it hard to every one anyws thanks for respond

as already mentioned. you can report those players and they will get punished.

besides that, thats partially the point of toribash next to bring a new breath into the game, there will be alot of changes and even older players will need to re-learn some stuff. it will be new for everyone.
new players will stick to it and older players will come back for it.

and yes its hard to "revive" the toribash we currently have because there cant be much more done in the current engine, what's currently newly comming regularly are 3D items and other new stuff every now and then.

also, toribash had a declining playerbase over the past few years mainly because well, not many new changes and stuff came. thats true.
that is where toribash next comes in place, one could argue deciding to do that earlier wouldve been a better idea but we're now where we are.

so there is no point in calling the game "dead" when everything is attempted to keep it alive and increase the playerbase.

Alright but u won't expect a new player to know all that and tb is one of a type game

we even have an own staff group who's job is that.
the help squad, a part of their job is to sit in beginner servers, tell new players about the forums and take care about alts.

Besides that, i have no idea who you are in claiming that you know everyone.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Do you go ingame all the time?
I see white belts playing on Aikido Quick servers, pretty sure they're not alts because they play like it's their first game.

It's pretty much hard to believe what you say since you don't have access to the Beginner servers. Of course you're gonna see the same people, you're restricted to servers that are aligned with your belt.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm your top tier waifu.
Visit my panda thread!
I'm also Event Squad! Slide into my DMs for questions!
Pssst! Aeon is just boomer Adventure. Pass it on.
Toribash was originally a game + forum.

I dunno about you but when people wanted to chat to others it was get lucky by finding them ingame or communicate via forum. For the more established and older players, IRC was also an option, although sometimes clunky to use and not accessible around the clock.
Now they have steam, discord and such that allows them to have constant contact avaliable, and both programs easier and a lot less intimidating to navigate than a forum or IRC.

Plus I could point out that you're not very forum active in the first place, and your belt means you see only the servers avaliable to your level. You're welcome to believe what you want of course. But your view is so coloured by what you think you know it's almost impossible to change your mind without just holding you infront of all the toribash games and daily players for a week.

Neither of which anyone has time for. Enjoy the way you view things though.
People come and go. There isn't really anything you can really do to make more people play, hell, it's free now. It has been for years. The game itself isn't dead, but it isn't lively. It's at a standstill with a medium number of people coming and going.

If you really joined in 2014, yours and my time being here don't even hold a candle to those who have been here since the beginning. So it's difficult for us to exactly depict where this game stands if we haven't seen the whole timeline.

Also.. I thought moderators were able to tell what accounts were attached to who's through IP Address or something like that.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
considering you got quite a few responses to this means the game isn't dead yet.
People care enough to tell you that the game isn't dead
[sigpic][/sigpic]