Toribash
Original Post
In All Actuality-- Why are we alive?
I know people ask this a lot but I wanna expand upon the idea on impermanence and what you think of it--

So, you ask someone out, or you win a baseball game or some shit. You're happy as hell. But why the fuck does it matter at all? Everything is going to disappear, you will never touch the universe at all, stars will die and come into existence no matter what. By the time earth is gone no matter how much you touched peoples lives you won't be remembered, no one will be there to remember you. That short period that humanity will exist in will be infinitely dwarfed by the never ending time line of the universe. No matter how much science we discover or technology we create, it doesn't actually change anything. The science was happening even if we didn't know how or where, and advances everywhere won't spand past 1-2 billion year which is a blink of an eye in the the infinity that is time. So why do we live on if all to disappear? Why do we care? This question seems to often be shunned as depressing or stupid, but what is your answer?
(Please don't delete this or critisize this because its just a religious opinion,Thank you)God is testing us and putted us on earth to know if we are going to make bad things or good things, And that when we die he will ask us about what we did in our entire lifetime(From good things or bad things) and therefore he will make you go to heaven or to go to hell(because of what you did from good or bad in the days you were living). and because adam ate an apple from the forbidden tree which led him to go to earth because he disobeyed god(after being in heaven). God Didn't make anything meaningless, he created to everything a meaning(like he didn't leave it blank so it becomes meaningless). Thats just my opinion and correct me if i was wrong about something.
Last edited by Moataz; May 27, 2016 at 04:55 AM.
I disagree on the "humanity will disappear" part. We have the means, right now, to go and colonize one of the "new Earth" candidate planets, although it would require global cooperation.
Other than that, we are a product of entropy. Have fun, make kids, die old.
Originally Posted by Moataz View Post
(Please don't delete this or critisize this because its just a religious opinion,Thank you)God is testing us and putted us on earth to know if we are going to make bad things or good things, And that when we die he will ask us about what we did in our entire lifetime(From good things or bad things) and therefore he will make you go to heaven or to go to hell(because of what you did from good or bad in the days you were living). and because adam ate an apple from the forbidden tree which led him to go to earth because he disobeyed god(after being in heaven). God Didn't make anything meaningless, he created to everything a meaning(like he didn't leave it blank so it becomes meaningless). Thats just my opinion and correct me if i was wrong about something.

What religion do you follow? Because if you're a Christian, then yes, we have some correcting to do in terms of why you think God made you and what determines if you go to heaven or hell.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
and because adam ate an apple from the forbidden tree which led him to go to earth because he disobeyed god(after being in heaven).

Pretty sure adam was always on earth. God didn't condem him to earth after he ate the apple (which wouldn't make sense) after he ate the apple there were a lot of consequences but being teleported over to earth wasn't one.
Maybe we read different stories?
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
I disagree on the "humanity will disappear" part. We have the means, right now, to go and colonize one of the "new Earth" candidate planets, although it would require global cooperation.

Humanity will definitely not last for all time

definitely.

And if it doesn't continue for infinity its time in existence with become infinitely short
Last edited by Veoo; May 27, 2016 at 07:35 PM.
These threads don't usually last long. Since Zelda dislikes these things. But anyways...

Ah, you sound like a friend of mine that literally finds the worst in everything that happens. Anyways, it's called personal gain. Sounds like a dick move, but i mean, do what makes you happy. We're here for no reason imo. So why the hell not make the best of it?

We aren't going to disapear. If there was a world war or something, humanity would still survive. Just saying. The main thing that will make us disapear, is the Sun. It's life expectancy is set to end in 5.6 billion years. So why wouldn't we just do what we can?
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post

Yes this is nice and all, but these earth lookalikes are very far away. People don't even believe we've been to the moon still. Which we may haven't yet. But regardless, this probably won't happen, no where close in our life time.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Don't know why people think it's religious to say God exists.Believing in God is natural, it's more like a spontaneous thing.
Why are we alive :
I believe we humans are made for each other. Each one of us has a purpose.As I said it's spontaneous, I did not learn this at my school (or) religion.
Last edited by shazebisnub; May 27, 2016 at 09:27 PM.

I'm going to critisize this. Not because I'm an atheist and this is a religious point, but because I don't see a meaning of life in your religious oppinion either.
You say that god created everything with a meaning. But what meaning could this be? Isn't christianity basically about infinite life (Temporary life on earth + eternal life in heaven/hell)?
So even if you say the meaning of our impermanent life is the testing wether we go to heaven or hell, it is still just a cheap way to dodge the original question. The meaning of this life is the test then. Ok, so what now? We got the eternal life after that, which is absolutly meaningless.

(I didn't read the bible and I was sleeping most of the time we were talking about religions in ethics at school, so I might be wrong at some religious points.)

I was thinking about conciousness for quite a while now and I came to the conclusion that we don't need that. Alone this fact makes life even more meaningless than it is already.

Basically, discussions about the meaning of life lead to one conclusion most of the time: It is meaningless philosophically.
Last edited by Gambi; May 27, 2016 at 10:34 PM.