Ranking
Original Post
The Toribash Economy
Anyone wanting to go into length of why the Toribashian economy has went to shit over the years, I'm all ears. Also, regarding the steps being taken to improve it excluding TC dumps and such would be nice to hear. Thanks, have a ball.
PM me for buy, sell, and trade!
The Toribash economy goes to shit in an almost identical way to any other economy goes to shit. More money is produced to supply the higher demand of people, and as a result inflation occurs causing the value of a toricredit to be lowered to what is it today.
And sinking TC is a very ludicrous, but effective way to get rid of TC. I'm fairly certain name changes are a way to sink TC, but I can't be sure. It'd be best to PM Fish about various TC sinking methods.
Hope this helped!
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
yea i hate it too, instead of dumping tc lemme hold it for a min.
or you can pay me in tc to add lots of tc to decapprize in JudoFrac,
what a troll that would be hahaha.
I also hate the new Tier items organization because it made the USD
ammount for things rocket even tho they may only be worth 10-50k tc.
and it made items i already had items that i could no longer get
(like my azurite force (which i can buy now)), also the price i bought
my azurite force for was a steal, but after the new tiers it wasnt even a
good deal anymore. id like the old way back please :>
Also right after the tiers all the bet servers went to shit.
the game was extremely boring, we had lil white belt 100 tc bets
and that was it. thats why i quit playing a few months back.
(but it seems like it has got better now. but not for long with the Tc Sinking)
Last edited by Tacticaled; Apr 1, 2015 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Suck my dick Tc Sinkers
Gm's/Mods/Admins Are the Nerd Police
Actually the economy is not too bad right now.
The best way to measure it imo is by the TC/USD rate. Right now that rate is ~12k/1 USD and that's around where it should be at. I think the staff likes it around 10k/$ but there have been times where there's been so much TC that the staff had to cap the rate at 15k/$ and thats also the same time when they started doing their TC sinking countermeasures.
Funny thing way back during release they had bank accounts that accumulated interest just if you let TC sit in there, pretty goofy if you ask me!
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
The best way to measure it imo is by the TC/USD rate. Right now that rate is ~12k/1 USD and that's around where it should be at. I think the staff likes it around 10k/$ but there have been times where there's been so much TC that the staff had to cap the rate at 15k/$ and thats also the same time when they started doing their TC sinking countermeasures.
Funny thing way back during release they had bank accounts that accumulated interest just if you let TC sit in there, pretty goofy if you ask me!

Well, I think it's very bad. If back in the day TC amount sold a month would be around $1k in player-player TC trade

now it's like just a $100, maybe $200 tops
TC trading is dead-ish

Plus the fact that nobody wants your items, expect rip-offers trying to do some scam-bad deal with you to double their TC on that item, even triple.
I just had a conversation about this with some msquad fags. (o(
My hypothesis is, that the way the torishop prices got changed affected the market more than anything.
I do not know how the activity on the market is, since I have not done any marketing for 3 years or so, but I assume it's less than optimal.
Consider the fact, that an item such as toxic force is 6k in the shop.
Toxic's always been the highest in demand green item after orc.
Toxic being so cheap essentially means that all other green items are gonna be cheap, particularly when orc is super cheap as well.
That is rather bad for the market because it leaves very little room for the other green items to gain any share, so there are essentially many items that yield very little potential in the market and are therefore bound to be stuck on accounts, thus making them inactive. Inactive values mean less activity in the market. Less activity in the market means less dosh for everyone who is looking to make a fortune.

Just a small analysis of one particular case where the person in charge of price changes fucked up.
(I am still happy that I got a toxic force for 6k out of it though)

The way the market gets handled is not very bright all in all. The end of the story is that hampa put someone in charge because he does not want to deal with it himself. The person in charge probably didn't study economics or did ever any marketing.
Go figure.

Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post

That is actually a very terrible way to measure how well the economy does.
Have you considered how many people actually sell or buy tc? There are probably like 5 active traders, so there is not too much competition.
How many customers can they serve? Not too many, since they are limited by their own income.
The vast majority of toricredits does not go through the hands of tc traders, so why would you use it as indicator to measure how healthy the economy is? Makes no sense.
The 10k/usd rate is very arbitrary. There is no evidence that such a rate means that the market is running at an optimal rate at all.
There are a bunch of other indicators that would serve to determine the current status of the economy, just gotta think about it logically, br0.
Last edited by Redundant; Apr 3, 2015 at 01:54 AM.
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
I just had a conversation about this with some msquad fags. (o(
My hypothesis is, that the way the torishop prices got changed affected the market more than anything.
I do not know how the activity on the market is, since I have not done any marketing for 3 years or so, but I assume it's less than optimal.
Consider the fact, that an item such as toxic force is 6k in the shop.
Toxic's always been the highest in demand green item after orc.
Toxic being so cheap essentially means that all other green items are gonna be cheap, particularly when orc is super cheap as well.
That is rather bad for the market because it leaves very little room for the other green items to gain any share, so there are essentially many items that yield very little potential in the market and are therefore bound to be stuck on accounts, thus making them inactive. Inactive values mean less activity in the market. Less activity in the market means less dosh for everyone who is looking to make a fortune.

Just a small analysis of one particular case where the person in charge of price changes fucked up.
(I am still happy that I got a toxic force for 6k out of it though)

The way the market gets handled is not very bright all in all. The end of the story is that hampa put someone in charge because he does not want to deal with it himself. The person in charge probably didn't study economics or did ever any marketing.
Go figure.

That is actually a very terrible way to measure how well the economy does.
Have you considered how many people actually sell or buy tc? There are probably like 5 active traders, so there is not too much competition.
How many customers can they serve? Not too many, since they are limited by their own income.
The vast majority of toricredits does not go through the hands of tc traders, so why would you use it as indicator to measure how healthy the economy is? Makes no sense.
The 10k/usd rate is very arbitrary. There is no evidence that such a rate means that the market is running at an optimal rate at all.
There are a bunch of other indicators that would serve to determine the current status of the economy, just gotta think about it logically, br0.

You can hardy call us active. With all the TC rate dropping I only sold 1 mil in a whole month and a couple of days (would been a day, max 2, if TC-usd market was healthy) despite dropping rates (12k/$ as opposed to 10k/$ default), having sig and bumping my thread semi-regularly
Thanks for all the info guys. I knew a lot of it but learned a lot of shit at the same time.
PM me for buy, sell, and trade!
we basically need to increase leakages

a bit off-topic but a tax system would be nice
I sold 1 mil in a week, I wouldn't call that bad. I was selling at 11k/usd, but as far as I've noticed most people don't even know what that number means.

I have no idea why people don't buy from you, Jmuff. Perhaps because the Dota2 trader looks like a douchebag and you chose to run him as your avatar, idk. Most TC buyers seem to be in the 12-14 age group with access to their mom's paypal, so we can't rule out such factors.

Originally Posted by Augans View Post
a bit off-topic but a tax system would be nice

Haha, wat
Last edited by ynvaser; Apr 6, 2015 at 01:03 PM.