Ranking
Original Post
Sadhu Monk (WIP)
Hello, this is a color pencil drawing im working on of a sadhu monk from Nepal.
This drawing is going to have a black background if I remember ill include the original but for now ill just link to the post on Instagram.

Things iv'e changed from the original photo is mainly his expression, I wanted to give him a more serious look. I also changed his eyebrow color to a darker blue because I think having them darker makes his eyes more intense looking

Meterials used:
Prismacolor colored pencils
White gel pen
Strathmore 300 Series Bristol paper
Erasers
Exacto knife
#2 pencil

If anybody is wondering how long this has taken me the answer is a lot longer than I would like to admit because I did a test drawing that was going really good but I did it on computer paper so I had to stop and move onto the real paper

This is the second color pencil drawing iv'e done and i'm really enjoying it. I had no idea how much I liked this medium and this paper I bought was SO worth it. If anybody wanted to get serious about drawing in color pencil I highly recommend the 300 series.

Original photo(I was given permission by Matt Sclarandis to draw this):
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfk8ATYH...-by=motornomad

Also please excuse the poor image quality you'll have to take my word for it right now when I say that it looks a lot better in real life... Unlike Matt I'm not a good photographer lol.
Last edited by KDigityDog; Aug 8, 2018 at 09:55 AM.
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |