ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: Should OLDAs age limit be lowered to 18?
Sure, one year doesnt make that big a difference.
13 Votes / 61.90%
Shit no, keep them kiddies out of here.
8 Votes / 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

I think it should be more based on a maturity level, AND an age level. Being an adult isn't just about age.
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
Truly, I agree with slith.
There are lots of guys who are above age 18 and they are immature etc.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Originally Posted by Slipanc View Post
Truly, I agree with slith.
There are lots of guys who are above age 18 and they are immature etc.

Yes, like Deady

Seriously though, look in the OLDA room at that thread about a texture set. Something like maturity is a very subjective idea. And if we based entrance on something subjective OLDA would lose its open door sense and become more of an elitist club.

OLDA is about making people feel welcome playing TB, not special. No offense.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Yes, I agree. I am in to many elitist clubs as it is. Don't need another. But a degree of maturity should be required, to what degree we are talking about... I wouldn't have a clue...
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
if we are talking maturity that one year can make a lot of difference. when a kid turns 18 he thinks the world is his, gets cocky and whatnot, but at the age of 19 they start showing some common sense. (this is not a rule but just an observation thus it might be wrong...but its not.)

on the other hand (afaik) in most of europe youre Over Legal Drinking Age at the age of 18.

therefore the dilemma. seeing this is not an elitist organization and its based on the fact that it accepts OLDA people then yes, the age limit should be lowered to 18.
no
18 IS the legal drinking age
19 is OVER the legal drinking age.
voted no

its been 19 from the start, why change it now?
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by evil View Post
if we are talking maturity that one year can make a lot of difference. when a kid turns 18 he thinks the world is his, gets cocky and whatnot, but at the age of 19 they start showing some common sense. (this is not a rule but just an observation thus it might be wrong...but its not.)

You have a point there. Usually when people turn 18 they think they can do anything from now on. Then at 19 they start to realize that they are almost 20 which is a bit much for fooling around.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
18 IS the legal drinking age
19 is OVER the legal drinking age.
voted no

its been 19 from the start, why change it now?

if we are gonna do semantics over here then after your 18th birthday youre in your 19th year of life...therefore youre OVER 18.

no
Originally Posted by Slith View Post
I think it should be more based on a maturity level, AND an age level. Being an adult isn't just about age.

Approved.
Well, Thats all folks. Haven't checked the polls in a few days, but I will before I vote and close things up. As for maturity, It should be noted that in our original thread there was a bit about it in the "requirements section" that seemed to get left out during blotto's copy-paste job. I put it back, and hopefully it will get the point across either way. lol, but I still hold to my opinion that there is nothing mature about grown men playing video games :P

dun dun dun...goes to check polls....aaaaaaannnnd.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.