ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
So I take it Mushu is not popular amongst high-level players.
I cannot for the life of me find any official servers to play on that run Mushu, which sucks because it's probably one of my favorite mods. That said, I'm starting to also get the impression that it's a noob mod, since extremities can dismem so damn easily.

All this said, I would play Wushu instead, since it has official support, but actually accomplishing anything cool in that is insanely hard, you start reeeally far apart, and it more often than not devolves into a dance-off after either 1) one player managed to barely get a few points, or 2) both players whiffed and are just trying to survive.

Or maybe I'm just bad. Yeah, probably.

So yeah. Mushu. Your thoughts?
mushu is for scrubs, play wushu3 or brushu and learn to comeback not to dance-off around.

check clans like relax all or alpha

e-sports
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
boxshu_mushu_v3.tbm is very popular amongst duelers right now, but the original variant mushu.tbm isn't.

mushu is pretty fun for most people, except for the elitist wushu zealots who think it threatens their beloved mod.

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
i think mushu is the rock paper scissors of toribash

and those last two things that you mentioned about wushu was because of lack of skill.

wushu is probably one of the hardest mods to learn imo
i sell pocket pussies
[Ae]ther | cncpls | [OoT] | SR
boxshu_mushu_v2.tbm (ceiling glitch, fracture off) and boxshu_mushu_v3.tbm (no ceiling glitch, fracture on [no skeets]) are very popular duelling mods for high level players because of several factors:
  • limited running - since you're in a box, it's harder to run than if you're in mushu.tbm
  • jump back and then kick off wall tactic - a great counter for those rush moves, allows you to launch an attack from high in the air once you kick off the wall. Attacking from the air has a greater chance of winning than if attacking low from the ground; once you get DM'd all of your joints become relaxed. Since it is instagib, the more joints that are DM'd, the greater the chance of them dq-ing if closer to the ground rather than a high place (high attacks can be easily blocked though, so just remember to protect your core joints so you don't just fly over the opponent without scraping him).
  • mindgames - otherwise known as e-sports, this tactic is purely camping out your opponent and making him think you're about to launch an attack when you just camp out a bit more and wait for him to make a mistake

Duelling switched from mushu.tbm to the boxed version mainly because of the running and also that adding a square/circle dojo changed the way you played the mod completely and duellers didn't like that.
Originally Posted by 4mbassador View Post
but actually accomplishing anything cool in that is insanely hard, you start reeeally far apart, and it more often than not devolves into a dance-off after either 1) one player managed to barely get a few points, or 2) both players whiffed and are just trying to survive.

To be honest, it's not insanely hard to accomplish something cool in wushu. You just gotta know what to do when things don't go your way. Also, the fight doesn't devolve into a dance off when both players know how to comeback.
Heart of Gold