Ranking
true. amazing what detail one pixel width brushes and antialiasing will do to an image (which is what i do currently for eye glints and makeup)
I personally work in 512x256 and that way i work to real scale. I used to work in 128x128, and it generally has better quality if you do as when it shrinks a lot of the quality is lost, and generally the edges of the pictures die

working in 128x128 is the way to go.
"Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork."
Wow! I never actually realised how much quality was actually lost! :o
I work in 128x128 now.
(And to think I used to use 1000x1000)
lol
HELP SAINTOWARYOUR HELP HERE IS NEEDED!
I use 512x512 or 500x500 for hand drawn cause 128x128 is really too small and annoying... I was aware of the quality loss so for high details I tend to use for most of the texture the pen tool in photoshop, making the drawings mostly vectorize so I later resize the image to 128x128 and avoid the blurryness from resize
SO does toribash will ever support heads at 256*256 .
Because the quality for that is great.
I'm working on 256*256 I'm seing alot diffrence from the normal size.
OH well thanks for the tip anyway .
| GATA | Guild Wars 2 | Anime United |
I think it is easily possible, but would require 4 times more space

And people with non 256x256 sets would throw a fit, especially if they paid like 600k for them
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
well, the whole throwing a fit thing... they would just have to get over it...

But 4x the server space is a hefty number... also, it would take more out of your machine to run higher res textures...
i use 164x164 but i now relize that the 512x512 is better
Meh Death Note gon stab yo white ass.
Originally Posted by DarkKira View Post
i use 164x164 but i now relize that the 512x512 is better

You're not very good at reading, are you?
Textures made in 512x512, when resized to 128x128 AS THEY MUST BE FOR TORIBASH, WILL LOSE QUALITY.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Why 164? Cuz then they get down to just a bit more than a pixel. Like a fraction more... Wouldn't this cause not just quality loss, but inconsisten loss at that?

164 isn't much easier to work with...but there's still loss comparable to 256x256 I think.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]