Ranking
Original Post
How to get a moving background (for winamp users)
Most of you have probably tried the AVS visualization plug-in in winamp, I realized that you can use the overlay mode to change the boring white bg in toribash with it. (Note: this only works if you're playing in windowed mode)

First select the AVS plug-in by selecting "Options > Visulization > Select plug-in" or just press "ctrl+K". Select "Advanced Visualization Studio" and press Start. You can open the visualization plug-in quicly by pressing "ctrl+shift+k".

After you've opened the AVS right click the window and select "AVS editor" then go to "Settings > Display", in the top right corner you see the "Overlay mode" panel, tick the box and press the color box. Select white from the basic colors and then press ok.

Now you can select a preset by selecting "Preset > Load" or by right clicking the avs window and selecting a preset there. You can always make one yourself too!

Open up toribash and enjoy, it looks a bit crude as it ignores everything that isn't pure white. You might also want to select a bright avs preset or it'll be hard to see the text and something that doesn't move around very fast. If you do, you will prolly have some epileptic seizures and DIE!!!

I was going to make a vid of how awesome it looks but fraps obviously doesn't record overlays... but here's a pic of how it looks.
Attached Images
toriavsbg.jpg (148.5 KB, 405 views)
Attached Files
toriavsbg.jpg_thumb (27.7 KB, 63 views)
HIYAAAAAAaaa FACEKICK IN YOUR FACE....... Nah i'm just kidding
Re: How to get a moving background (for winamp users)
Dude, thats just totally awsome. Ive known about the overlay feature for ages, but didnt think of using it with Toribash...

I used to use it to make MS word look funky when writing stuff for highschool
<( O )>
Holy shit, thats friggin awesome - go chez!! I'm going to try this now
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
DUDE
thats the sweetest thing ive ever seen!
[]D [] []\/[] []D [] []\[]
But dont use any other programs while its on! lol, im typing this in a box that changes color!
User was infracted for this signature. (Useless signature)
I really wanna play with an zawsome backround but what is an AVS plug-in?
Originally Posted by [Kick
RageKiller ]
I really wanna play with an zawsome backround but what is an AVS plug-in?

Its a visulisation plugin For Winamp. Its basically reacts to sound/music you are playing in winamp. Seriously. Use google next time.
<( O )>
My only concern is seeing the floor...

How would you know where it is? Shadows help a LOT less with a background that... erratic.
You can still see the shadows though, they're just a different color.

This is extremely awesome! Great find!!!

My only complaint is the low resolution at which AVS outputs, I've always been a Milkdrop fan myself. Are there any other Winamp plugins that support an overlay mode?

(Haha with the low res AVS plugin, my Toribash now looks like a bad 80s MTV music video. XD)