Ranking
Original Post
Marketing advice
I'm not the best in-game as we all know so I've decided to really buckle down and try my hardest to market so please any advice is welcome. no spamming please.

P.S all I have is 8.3k
Last edited by AzureMage; Sep 25, 2012 at 07:30 AM.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
Azure it doesn't matter how much tc u have I have 0 and can still market it's what u can do. So here are a few tips. Let's say I'm selling a 512 head texture. Price is 20k and none in market so I would be looking for 18k. You would lowball me for 16k and I would say 17k get it. Don't haggle for the price you want but lower. Also before you sell or buy something chck the item in the shop and market and see if the offer is good. Example. I want to sell a Neptune force. 8k in shop and not many in market so I could sell it for 3-4k. Also before you reply try to get to know the person by checking other threads he was on and try to get a idea of what he will say and his mentality. Also make sure they have the tc they are bidding. Scams easily happen this way. Also the buyer sends first seller then sends.
Srry if I invaded the board and have fun marketing
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No problem at all I truly appreciate the advice.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
Also you could make art, how do you think people get head textures? :P
"Always Extreme at heart."
I don't check the forums or go in-game anymore, I have quit.
Who is this abdydude?
Also, the best advice imo.

Follow the marketing rules. A marketer can't market when he/she is banned. Also, kind of what abydy said, haggle and offer less than what you would actually pay. Torishop price is a piece of shit though. Don't ever, and I mean ever reference prices from the Torishop. Always see what is selling, and what is easy to buy from that list. Considering you're an observative person, that shouldn't be too hard.

If you need any other help, I'd be sure to try and give more tips.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Abdy is my friend irl. I told him i joined phantom so he probably wanted to check out our forum threads and stuff.
:l
how come whenever I ask for marketing advice all I get is "it isn't even hard"
FIRED UP
by check what torishop price is im meaning check what the price of the item is cuz somtimes people think there smart and make the price over what the item is worth in the shop
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can't be objective since I haven't done this in more than an year, but generally you want to spend some time lurking the item board and observing the prices, you would also want to know the frequent users and how they tend to purchase.

I'm not sure how the restock works now, but it's a good idea to check out torishop stocks, and consider in what part of the restock cycle you are to adjust your price accordingly.

By knowing the frequent users more importantly you will know when someone infrequent posts and you can earn a decent amount of off him.

Generally it's a good idea to avoid gradients,timers and non-force/lax items unless you are opening a junk market/collecting sets in which case it is great.

Avoid buying stuff, from frequent marketeers, because probably the price they give does not suit you to resell, unless you have a PM from someone with a better price in which case it's instant-cash.

This is it in a nutshell, I've possibly missed out a lot of things, but mainly you should know the other visitors.