Ranking
Original Post
Upgrade tori control system | IK controls
In my opinion to upgrade tori control system developers should make something work similar to Maya 3d animation but with physics. I just want to say that it would be better to control tori by pulling parts of the body during turns. Watch this video and think about this idea
https://youtu.be/XII9aKbVXrg
Why it will upgrade toribash. You will have more precision. You will be able to have more control of your tori. Will be better to play mods. Just will be easier. You will be able to make more moves. I know it hard to make again tori control system but it will give to you more capabilities. I would like to see this system in toribash. Are you agree with my idea?

Lengthy post from snake

Example from cappuccino
Last edited by sir; Jan 17, 2018 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Uptade
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
"It took me a year to learn". It shouldn't be hard to learn, that's the easiest way to drive new players away. It should be easy to learn but hard to master. No one will want to spend a year trying to learn how to even play the game.

We have all the problem in that single sentence. The game is too hard for new comers and all the old players love the fact that the game is hard to mastery.

I really think that the new way of controling the toris like we can see in the video posted by oleg47rus is a really good idea to make the game easier for new comers (or just for people who don't want to spend hours just to perform a move).

I also think that the actual way of controling the toris should be available. What about making them both like "easy" and "hard" ? Or "easier to control but limited in possibilities" and "harder to control but everything is possible" and let people chose in front of their own will ?

I feel the two way of moving the toris are literally two different games and it should be great to let people chose between them both.

I would be happy to see the game easier for new comers. I would be sad to be forced to use the new way of moving the toris.

The learning cuve is too huge, everyone agree with that. The learning cuve is really interesting for everyone who spend hours in Toribash, everyone agree with that too.

Also, great project oleg47rus, I love it and I'll be interested to see more of that.
Last edited by Mocucha; Sep 9, 2018 at 01:51 PM.

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
And if you're sad that all your years of practice are going to waste because then you wouldn't have the advantage of experience to beat noobs with. that makes you nothing more than a sad selfish mentally challenged player with low confidence because you don't believe you can keep up with other players if they started playing at the same time as you.

What is a skill game if you take the skill out of it? If someone has put 1000 hours of their time into a game, they should be able to be someone who has only put in 50, correct? Even then, if its a skill game that person who has only played 50 still has a slight chance if they are skilled. So please explain how someone is a "sad selfish mentally challenged player with low confidence" because they are sad that they wasted 1000 hours on a game that has become completely unrecognizable?
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
What is a skill game if you take the skill out of it? If someone has put 1000 hours of their time into a game, they should be able to be someone who has only put in 50, correct? Even then, if its a skill game that person who has only played 50 still has a slight chance if they are skilled. So please explain how someone is a "sad selfish mentally challenged player with low confidence" because they are sad that they wasted 1000 hours on a game that has become completely unrecognizable?

i'm seriously getting tired to read the same salty "sunk time" argument, over and over again

game is about moving how you want, not about one specific type of controls
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by snake View Post
i'm seriously getting tired to read the same salty "sunk time" argument, over and over again

The type of control is one of these things that makes me really love the game.

If tbn would give us the both types of controls, I will stay on the actual one because I love to click on joints to make my tori moving.

As I said earlier, I think that it is a good idea to give an easier way to move our toris to reduce the learning cuve, but the gameplay (aka the way you are interracting with the game) is more important in my eyes than the question around easy/hard to mastery.

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Originally Posted by snake View Post

I don't care what you're "seriously getting tired of" there are always two sides to a discussion, so accept that there is going to be more than one opinion. I could careless whether the controls are going to change or not, but calling someone a "sad selfish mentally challenged player with low confidence" because of their opinion is unproductive in every form, so you and mafia can fuck right off. Its only "salty" because it is an opinion that differs from your own.
Closing this, thank you for the suggestion. It is a neat idea but not one that can really be used to it's full potential in this game. It would work in other games but it is just not the right thing for Toribash.

No new information or points have been brought up and it has stagnated to the point that I believe the discussion has run it's course.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it