Ranking
Original Post
Why No Signatures Allowed
No one is allowed to have an image, such as a 350x120 signature in their signature space? what is the harm in it? or is there some reason behind it? i would like to know an answer instead of being flamed and yelled at or something ridiculous. just discussing it?
we used to be allowed, but veb removed them.
"Its for your own good" was the only thing he said about it.
Some of the less intellegent members overlooked this and kept on moaning about the fact that they had been rmoved. The main reason i think they were taken away was because they took up too much bandwidth (is bandwidth the correct term?) on the forums. Without picture sigs we can upload more other stuff like replays and each page will load up quicker and stuff like that. So not having picture sigs is good.

Maybe the winner of the world chamionships should get a picture sig as one of their prizes.
PARANDROID
Thats true, you do have a point. maybe instead of totally getting rid of them he could make a smaller image size requirement, such as userbars, which are alot smaller than the full blown signatures. if he could allow that.
With the increasing amount of people, I think it would be a bad thing to use even small images. In truth, its just more work for the admins and a waste of forum resources. But thats just my opinion, by no mean fact.
PARANDROID
That would be good - but to impose a size limit on the files the signature image uploader would have to be enabled, which - if I'm not mistaken - disables putting anything else in at the same time, which would force people to either have a single image or whatever else.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
That would be a good solution. to only be able to have one image or just some text. i think 3vi1's idea is nice but its not up for us to decide.
I actually find some signatures annoying, being honest.
They distract the reader from the posts, and sometimes take up a lot of the page.

And I detest those animated flashy little things. =/

I guess that this might have been veb's opinion too, and that might have contributed to their eradication from the forums.

Of course, my current signature is NOT hypocritical in any way, seeing as it is only 1 line long, and is utterly hilarious. =P
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
His opinion was, last I checked, as follows:

Most of them suck.

So he deleted all of them.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
I think you should be able to buy them like textures from the torishop.
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
His opinion was, last I checked, as follows:

Most of them suck.

So he deleted all of them.

Thats the exact reason, and when you have sigs that look like an elephant threw them up and proceeded to defecate on them, then I agree with his opinions... But if there were some sort of... Like, screening process, that would be cool, but you can't really ever hope for that, considering... Over 8000 active members on this forum. All wanting sigs. Who's gonna screen through 8000+ (and steadily growing) sigs just so you guys can get what you want?
Last edited by Ethereal; Jan 4, 2008 at 12:02 AM.