ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
A good wireless gaming mouse?
So I want a wireless mouse, the idea is smexy, but I've heard bad things about wireless...

I'd be using this to game so having it slow up midgame would be terrible. I'd want like 9 hour strong battery life less is fine this isn't a big issue... Being able to easily charge it would be nice perhaps just setting it in a tray or something when not in use, it MUST NOT use unreachable batteries. It has to be hand conforming, lots of mice are like it, my current mouse is an Alienware TactX Mouse, and I really like the shape of it, I haven't tried any other shaped gaming mice.

Thanks in advanced for any replies ^^
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Razer mamba, expensive but worth it. 14 hour battery life, 3 hours charge time. Google for full review. cba to type a large paragraph.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
and it has fastest response time out of any other mouse
|Join #support For All Your Toribash Problems|RAGE QUIT!|
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gaming Wireless Mouse is kinda an oximoron:

-More expensive
-Heavier - because of the battery(es)
-Less responsive signal - Wireless can be less responsive overall due to lag.
-Battery charging can be a turnoff for a lot of us, over a period of time. Specially when its low on critical situations.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
And it's daaaaaamn sexy. Also has it own charging stand.
If you run out of batteries, you can keep playing with the USB cable, which also charges it.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Also insane dpi, 5600 if I remember right, it's been a while.

And high price. Over 100 retail. See if there are any sales.

If I coulda rebought a mouse, it would be the mamba. Deathadder is great but all that wireless sexiness....

Edit: in response to genki's points:
those are true overall but the mamba fixes most of the issues. Charging is taken care of by the cable. The response is still 1ms over wireless (which might be why it drains battery faster than the logitech mice? Just a guess) and it really isn't that heavy. Plus, a little bit of mass in the mouse can be preferrable to counter hand trembling, small movements.

For most wireless mice, those are valid points though. Had a logitech before my deathadder, and I can't go back, even though it was one of the nicer mice they made.
Last edited by DarkJak; Jul 28, 2010 at 03:06 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
-More expensive

Barely. My Mamba cost only slightly more than my G9 did back when I bought it.
-Heavier - because of the battery(es)

I wouldn't say so. Plus, I put the weights in my G9, so Mamba is way lighter.
-Less responsive signal - Wireless can be less responsive overall due to lag.

Not correct at all! Mamba has 1ms poll speed.
-Battery charging can be a turnoff for a lot of us, over a period of time. Specially when its low on critical situations.

Not really, if I ever run out of batterys I just plug the cord straight in to the mouse, so then it is just like a wired mouse. Then I leave it plugged in over night, and then I can just unplug again in the morning.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Ahh, did someone say they needed a smexy mouse?

Cyborg RAT 9

tbh, i'm not sure if it's wireless or not, I mainly like the design of the mice I buy
Sidewinder x8
http://gearmoda.com/wp-content/uploa...r-x8-mouse.jpg
I own it for a mac (Which now has games) and love it. Even my friend wants to buy it now.
You can charge and play too so you will never need to wait for it to charge.