Toribash
Original Post
Another Multiplayer crash topic.
I know it has been posted quite a few times, yet in every one of them, the problem itself has never been addressed.

So, WHY is it crashing, Removing the server doing it seems completely redundant and moot, especially if it happens to be the one I would like to play.

Please, give me an answer not a workaround...

PS : the STDerr only says :
Using mod CLASSIC.tbm
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

Re: Another Multiplayer crash topic.
A segmentation fault is when a program does something it shouldn't in memory.

Each program on your computer is assigned a certain amount of memory, and it can request more (or less). If your operating system then detects that the program is trying to read/write/access data outside of it's allotted area, it will cause a segmentation fault.
I has a flavour
Cool thanks for the explanation of the parachute Error, But that doesn't explain Multi-player crashes .... because not everyone's STDerr shows that, and I'm sure it wouldn't be as common or predictable as those MP crashes.

I'm pretty sure the problem would of been addressed if one would actually know whats going on with the game, and how to fix it. Just be patient and let Hampa do his thing :3
Best of luck to em'.
Slain is on t3h Dev team, so he knows everything,

[T]
#hi

Let's bring it down to this:

The Toribash client is pinging the server and if nothing happens after a considerable amount of time, the server is returned as "Cannot connect"
But the way it's done, it seems to crash the client sometimes. It is a known bug, and it will surely be fixed. Patience is everything.

The timeouts can be done several ways: server is down, or what slainvet said

the problem is somewhere in the middle.

It is caused by timeouts due to high pings, which is what also causes the lag.

The servers are in the US and Asia, meaning that when there are problems, the speed slows down.
e.g. a short while ago, there was an earthquake in Asia and many people couldn't connect to the Asia servers for a while.

All I can say is avoid those servers which return no connection as you will get lag and a slow speed, and use the other servers.

don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.