ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
What a real soilder should be like
This was a fanfiction, taken part out of it, so names are from a video game... I just really like how the writer describes it..

xxx
Several months passed after she sent that letter, and not much changed. Amy still worked in the diner, taking orders and giving food. And always, at noon, she would watch for him, knowing he would not come.
She still waited for his letter each and every day, never giving up hope for him. She prayed each and every day, crying for the pain she felt from missing him. She knew she would always wait for him, and for the letter that would finally say he was coming home.
But when summer turned into fall, and fall into winter, Amy wondered if he would ever send another letter, never giving up hope that he would come home to her, like he had promised. She would wait outside in the cold for the mail and when no letter arrived from him, she would go inside and cry quietly, praying that he would be sent home saftely.
She went to the diner that cold winter morning, the snow drifting around her slowly. She walked inside the restrurant, going about her job, taking orders and bringing the food out. Around noon, just as she was watching outside, waiting for someone she knew would never arrive, the radio came to life once more, announcing the recent ambush on one of the camps. Amy froze where she was, her pen frozen on the paper as the announcer spoke through the radio static.
"...injuries. The battle was won by Mobian troops at the cost of only a single life. May he be remembered for his bravery and sacrifice for his country and his comrades.
The only reported death was that of a single hedgehog that sacrificed himself for a comrade, throwing himself onto a live grenade, taking the blow with his body in order to save his friend. Sonic the Hedgehog, 19, will live on in our hearts and in our memories as a fearless soldier, who gave his life for Miles Prower, who was reported with no injuries."
And the sound of his name, Amy gasped, her breath catching immediately in her throat. For a moment, she simply stared out the window, still waiting, waiting, waiting. Then, where she stood, she fell to her knees, her heart wrenching sobs echoing through the diner.
xxx
It was two days later that Amy Rose found herself standing outside of the church, staring up at the building, her eyes red and blotchy. In her hands was a single paper, clutched in vice grip between her fingers.
After hearing the news two days before, Amy had immediately left the diner, and walked blankly to the pier. She had sat there until the sun was setting, unmoving, and only when a twin-tailed fox in an army suit arrived, taking her into a tight, sorrow-filled embrace did Amy finally release the pain and suffering she was feeling, the horror and the disbelief, the tears a neverending fountain from her eyes.
Now, she stood before the church, the paper Tails had given her clutched in her hands. At first, she couldn't read the letter, terrified that reading it would finally force her to believe he was gone, never to return, but the night before the funeral, she had forced herself to pick it up from her nightstand and read it.
She took a deep breath, closing her eyes before walking forward, entering the church with her head held as high as she was able. Exhaustion tugged at her, lack of sleep beginning to take its toll, as well as all of the crying. Immediately, when she entered, she was meet by several shocked and sorrow-filled faces.
Tails stood at the doorway in front of her, hands over his face as he stared into the church, his eyes dull. He was dressed in his army suit, leaning against the doorway as if it were the only thing keeping him standing. Knuckles stood in the corner of the room, facing the wall. Amy couldn't see his face, but she wondered if he looked anything like Tails. A few other people, dressed in army green - Amy guess they were other soldiers here for...it - stood in a huddle near the front. Upon hearing Amy enter, Tails was the first to react, looking toward Amy with red, bloodshot eyes. When she saw his face, Amy immediately felt tears pour down her face, and she rushed to Tails, burying her face into his shoulder.
Once she had been calmed down, Tails led her into the room, toward the casket in the front. She didn't want to see him lying in the casket, fearful that seeing him would make everything absolute, force her to believe he was gone, that he wasn't coming back to her like he'd promised. But as Tails brought her closer and closer, Amy knew there was no going back.
She reached the side of the casket, and the moment she saw his face, she felt sick. Her fist clenched tightly, the paper crinkling slightly in her hands. He looked so peaceful, as if he were simply sleeping rather than dead. He had his army suit on, his hands clasped together over his chest. He looked so peaceful...so angelic...
Immediately, Amy broke down over his casket, breaking into uncontrolable sobs as she leaned against Tails for support, reaching out and touching Sonic the Hedgehog's hand with her own one final time. His glove was cold to the touch, and Amy clutched his hand tightly, in a vicegrip, as if letting go would end her own life. Looking at him through her tears, Amy reached up and touched his face. So cold, so lifeless...Next to her, Tails grasped her other hand, his own shaking roughly, and Amy put her head against the side of the casket, her tears falling from her eyes and striking Sonic's still arm silently as the rest of the men surrounded her and the casket.
Below her, the letter fluttered to the ground, the last thing Sonic the Hedgehog ever wrote to her, his last words spoken to her, the final words written from the heart of a traveling soldier.
Amy,
It's getting really rough over here, and I'm not going to lie. I'm scared stiff. I don't know how long it's going to be before the next attack, but I think it'll be soon. That's why I'm writing this letter.
Remember how you said fear is something you can't escape? You're right. It's always there, and it never goes away. But when I think of you, waiting for me, your smile, your eyes, I think I've come pretty close to doing so.
I know your afraid, Amy, for me and for Tails. But you have me. And as long as you have someone, it makes the fear much more easy to deal with that when you are alone, right? Remember, Amy, you're never feeling the fear alone. I feel the same thing, for you, waiting for me like you are, and for Tails, fighting along side me.
I hope you know how much I miss and love you, Amy Rose. I have a feeling that I'll be coming home soon, and I hope you're still waiting when I make it back.
Remember, fear is something no one can escape. But when you're not alone, it makes the fear much more easier to deal with than when you face it alone. Never forget your own words, Amy, because they've helped me so much.
I love you. And I always will, Amy Rose.
Sonic the Hedgehog

Discuss how real soilders should be like and the like.
Doens't matter how wll trained a soldier is, thy all die in the same way, bullet 2 da head, all a soldier need is a basic training and a juggernaut armor.
And for special operations, they shold get one of those nano tech things just like batman
Buckshot Aspirin to ease ur headache
Originally Posted by YouDown View Post
Doens't matter how wll trained a soldier is, thy all die in the same way, bullet 2 da head, all a soldier need is a basic training and a juggernaut armor.
And for special operations, they shold get one of those nano tech things just like batman

Not really. Training is a pretty key concept. I'm pretty sure a soldier with survival training will be able to live longer than one without. Soldiers go through training so they are able to carry out whatever necessary action needed. Also, not all soldiers die. The majority survive. This is probably due to the training.
DAMN.
Well, if we are going to use humans as soldiers, we should use the ones without families. The majority, atleast. Are you asking for an ideal soldier? Because a soldier is a soldier, and it's real. Unless it is someone acting like a soldier. :P
Thanks.
No.There is no perfect soldier or invisible spy, Hollywood brainwash ppl and James Bond is not a hero nor Gary Roach a perfect soldier.
Let m ive you a example Americans retreated at Vietnam but why? simple Vietkongs were tough and no training and yet they made a well trained army retreat.
So i must agree with you at a point, training is needed but stray bullets allways fly around a war and it doesn't mattr if you are a General or a Private, if you don't have a decent set of equipment you will die.
So Juggernauts ar better than top grade soldiers.
Buckshot Aspirin to ease ur headache
Originally Posted by YouDown View Post
,training is needed but stray bullets allways fly around a war and it doesn't mattr if you are a General or a Private, if you don't have a decent set of equipment you will die.

That says it ALL.
Yeah, without what you need, you're a dead man.

Off-topic= anyone read that story?