ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Iskenos View Post
Got some Judo techniques here. If you guys ever decide to expand the judo tier I've got you covered.
Replay overview:
Dake Age: My trap my opponent's leg so he's forced to have me in his guard, whether he know how to do that or not, then I hit him with the ground.
Okuri Ashi Harai: Double leg sweep. Very clean.
Kata Guruma: It's almost as if my opponent wanted me to grab his dick. I grabbed his leg and put him on his head over my shoulders.
Tani Otoshi: My opponent goes for a kick but I slip past it and use my leg to assist in a half throw.
Tomoe Nage: (I know I used this replay in my application to get into TA a while back, but I just love it so much.) In real life you swing under your opponent and land on your back while you swing your leg into their midsection/balls (if you're feeling mean) and throw them over you. Laying on the floor wasn't really an option, so I improvised. I guess in Toribash terms, it's a leg-assisted slam.

Look, you don't have to give every replay you get a judo name. Only do it if the move looks close to real life.

I assume you meant daki age, which is nothing like what you did. I hope you realize that the guy pulling guard is the one who gets slammed in daki age.
The second one is ok.
Third one was not kata guruma. Was more like a normal half throw the way you did it.
The tani otoshi was close enough to what it is irl.
tomoe nage- i guess so. Your move would be more effective if you had that foot on the ground.

Don't be afraid to be general.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
Dynamic gripping. I'm a bit confused. Does it "count" if me and my opponent frequently switch grab modes with both handed grabs or do I have to grab other parts and let go and then grab again ? Trying to apply for tiers, I have replays for everything but Dynamic Gripping. If anyone can help explain what it is in-depth I'll try to get a replay this weekend.
Haha! Ur mad!
Dynamic gripping is switching grips from one body part to another a bunch of times
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
Download my t3 app's dynamic grippage replay as a reference if you'd like. Also I'll be working on hip throws.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
My understanding of dynamic gripping is to let go of a control point when you longer have a use for it, and grab somewhere where you can manipulate your opponent in a more favorable way. Try to avoid hand-to-hand grips because your opponent can easily grab your hands and shut down your dynamic gripping. Take a look the replay I used for it in tiers.
Attached Files
Dynamic grips.rpl (76.8 KB, 10 views)
I like that description we should use it.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Dynamic grippin as i understand it is the use of the grab mechanics to your advantage. Its everything from realizing you should ungrab to save or to prevent a self grab. To grab transfers and pins. Forced self grabs and upgrabbing to surrender control of the grab battle so its you that has an open grab. It usually need coloured grip balls so you know who wins
Is it ok if you guys post your dynamic gripping replays for preferences ? Thanks a lot !
Haha! Ur mad!