Toribash
Originally Posted by pika View Post
So your saying that if someone marries another person just for their money it's ok?

It depends how you define ok. Would I marry someone i disliked exclusively for material gains if i had the opportunity? Hopefully not. Is it "wrong" enough for the government or some authority figure to step in and say it's not allowed? No.

Prostitution thread gogogogo!
"You didn't hurt me nothing can hurt me / nothing can hurt me nothing can stop me now"
Originally Posted by pika View Post
It doesn't just annoy me, it angers me that someone would resort to marrying a person they don't love, but rather to inherit their money and possesions.

In more recent history we have that choice. The concept of love you are talking about is, in my opinion, mostly a modern invention.

For centuries the main purpose of marriage was survival, i.e. money, possessions etc...

Even today, most married couples will admit, with no sense of guilt, that money played at least SOME role in choosing their spouse. Its easy to write it off (as I often do) as soulless when we have grown up satirized with a concept of love that is mostly used to sell movies...

Bottom line, Its not wrong, people do what they will, make your own choices, and don't patronize shitty love movies :P
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
She take my money, well I'm in need
Yeah she's a triflin' friend indeed
Oh she's a gold digger way over time
That digs on me

Kanye West - Gold Digger

I think it's pretty sad to marry someone for money. I think marriage should be between two people who love each other.

How about a male gold digger, ever come across one of those?
That'd be because men care more about looks than women. Also women are more manipulative : |
"You didn't hurt me nothing can hurt me / nothing can hurt me nothing can stop me now"
Originally Posted by Metrox View Post

How about a male gold digger, ever come across one of those?

Yes, several times.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by waphtuos View Post
That'd be because men care more about looks than women. Also women are more manipulative : |

I hear ya man. Dudes will get with a chick for their appearance. Oh and the manipulative part, they are good like that >:U
I know a male gold digger taking advantage of my dumbass sister.

She's always handing over whatever money she has in her pocket. She acquired financial aid for her classes, and, I don't know how the guy did it, but she handed every penny over to him.
>>The Official Guv'na Fan Club<<
o7[OLDA] pride, world wide o7

He who was the butt of the joke reserves no right to say "that wasn't funny."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Guv_na View Post
I know a male gold digger taking advantage of my dumbass sister.

She's always handing over whatever money she has in her pocket. She acquired financial aid for her classes, and, I don't know how the guy did it, but she handed every penny over to him.

Why don't you help her out? Tell here what a douche this guy is. Male gold diggers would be worse i reckon, taking advantage of a woman like that. Actually that sounds a bit sexist.
Originally Posted by Chac View Post
So it's not sexist when a woman does it?

bitch deserves it for dating some poor fucking tramp imo

EDIT: ALSO, proof that men should stay the provider and women should stay in the fucking kitchen. IN before sexist, prove me wrong

Proof: you'd marry Bill Gate's daughter even if she was only 4/10
Well it's a form of business, simply put.

Babe gets money. Old man gets it on. If at all possible.

It might seem cold but it's the way things work, and both parts are ok with it. Why argue?