Ranking
Original Post
Event Idea "The Dark Souls of turnbased physics fighting games"(lol) (extreme wip)
Hello,in this thread i will gather some thoughts about an event which will probably never be finished but the idea is just too good to be forgotten about.
This idea started in discord and one downside of discord ,compared to our forum imo, is that things get lost over time as the conversations go on.
[Damned]t0n0mi was the one to nudge me in this direction since he wanted to do a big rpg-like event in toribash,so give some props to him if this should ever be finished,which i doubt tho lol.
The reason i doubt it is that in my years in toribash i saw some good but complex events which failed because of their complexity.People usually want a straightforward fighting event , which is ok, this is a fighting game and no rpg after all.
Maybe it has a chance to be actually hosted in Tbnext tho, with more overall players etcetc.

Annnnywayyyy,here are the thoughts behind this:

-The lore of Toribash is/are the famous/skilled/wellknown players of toribash which came and went over the years.
-Toribash is a "rly hard game" , just like Dark Souls is a "rly hard game" , once you got into it tho its not as hard anymore.
(one major advertisment coup by Dark Souls btw was to be marketed as "the hardest game" which drew a lot of players to it,maybe a point,if Toribash/Toribash Next ever gets some marketing the devs/staff should try to emphazise on,if they ever read this)
-The lore of dark souls is ,usually, not told through cinematics but through itemdescriptions and bossfights and items you receive from bossfights.
-Toribash has a lot of items and almost all of them have a ,usually derpy, description.

My thoughts about how the event would actually play out roughly were:

-There is a "Toriworld" ,meaning there is a map which can be explored over the course of the event.(8oj4n made a map like this once)
-At the beginning the participant(s) get one lowtier item along with the usual description of that item and that item/description "leads" them to a "bossfight" on the map.
-The main point about those bossfights is that each boss "is" a famous player from the past.
The idea behind it is that newer players who never heard of these old players get a glimpse in the past of Toribash and all the players that came and went.
Before the fight starts the participant(s) get a quick overview over the player(the clan he was in , his main mods,cl wins maybe,other achievments by that player)

For this example lets take Ticux,a lot of people still know him as one of the best players at some point in time.

After the participant "reaches" the boss he will read something like this:
"Here lies the ghost of Ticux,former leader of [Alpha], one of the mighties warriors in his prime,winner of Clanleague 20xx,...etcetc(whatever the community remembers about him still)"

Defeat him to get a new item so you can continue on your way.

The thing is that this "ticux" is controlled by an experienced,good,active player who either
a)plays under a similarsounding alt account with the textures from ticux

b)actually plays with the ticux account just for this event.

Option a) and b) has to be approved by staff ofcourse.

The participants can pick any "normal" mod and try as many times as they want to defeat the boss once(or first to 2 or 3 or whatever)(or untill the bossplayer says its enough or that they dont have time anymore)

After the bossfight they will get another item , always a bit higher tier then the last (if they have the qi for it) which will lead them to the next bossfight.

All "bosses" will be picked from a list of wellknown , inactive players (not necessarily legends) which have to be agreed on by the event organizers/the community.

The final boss would be Hampa i guess,the "god" of toribash.

---------

As i said, this is just an extreme wip which would need A LOT more work but its a neat idea imo since over the years a lot of good players came and went and people are starting to forget about them,see it as something like a honorable mention for these players or something.It would also lead newer players to the shop and forum because of the items they would receive and maybe to the clanpages since they will at least hear about clans and stuff and maybe some of those players will make a clan of their own at one point in time.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome for it.
Last edited by Kane; Feb 11, 2020 at 09:46 AM.