Toribash
Original Post
working on grab combos
Just wanted some feedback and advice so i can make these better, i have a hard time dismembering things(HELP!) but i hope u guys like them. the first one is also my first attempt at a madman(even though it rly wasn't one)
Attached Files
(first attempt at a madman.rpl (65.5 KB, 19 views)
(grab combo 2.rpl (98.3 KB, 10 views)
(grab combo 3.rpl (90.3 KB, 10 views)
Go fuck urself douche bag. Why don't u read my post, I was posting this bcause I wanted constructive criticism not douchey comments. And blackrozez where...no I want u to qoute where I said that these rplays were supposed to be awesome and also just bcause I didn't give u a 10/10 on all ur rplys doesn't mean I thought I was better than u. anybody have any advice to help be dismember?
lol i didnt meen it that way xD your like freiken out i ment you always say something about our replays but than you dont do them in your replays
Well I'm not perfect and Its hard follow all of my advice sometimes because toribash Is a hard game to perfect. I was more mad at OK9ZERA. Sry didn't mean to freak out on u like that blackrozez
Only watched the first one and i didn't like it.

Touching uke isn't gonna get you any DM's. You actually have to hit for that. Aim at the right places - if you can get to a place where there are a lot of joints together, maybe you'll be lucky and get a boomhit (theres a tutorial on that in the tutorials subforum). Don't hit the things between joints - these wont get you DM's. When you grab uke, it doesn't mean you have to keep the grab on for the rest of the replay - if you can't get a DM, try switching hands or even continuing without grab. Also you looked like you were in a hurry - if you can't think of anything, don't just press the spacebar and waste time with. If you just fly together with uke for 100 frames, you will not have the time to dismember everything. Every 10 frames are important, or even every 1 frame, at some points you might need to use shift+space. Everything seemed as if it was in slow motion.. When i made my madman, i had to move joints at least every 10 frames. It seems like you didn't make any changes before pressing the spacebar 3 times. I'm not saying you have to change everything no matter what - you change things when you have to. And to make a madman, you have to all the time. Also don't be afraid to edit - if you get one DM, save your replay, use the P and shift+P and E buttons.

Watch other peoples madmans and you will see the difference between your "hits" and the dismembering hits they make.
Last edited by Magix; Dec 15, 2008 at 07:15 PM.
Whoop Whoop
It's not bad if your member title refelcts how long you've been playing. Try using a few more of your joints to generate more momentum, and try to avoid holding onto the person with one arm if you have to grab. Alternating how you hold onto the person can make a grab replay more tolerable to look at.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games