Toribash
If you're playing elf you might wanna wait with rhaloren. Also like everyone will tell you shalorens are great at 26 and up because of the racial tree.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
How do I go about unlocking Necros? I got the skirmisher (meh), wyrmics (really loved that class, so much versatility) cursed and summoner (not so good at that, tried it).

I nearly unlocked the brawler but ended up killing the guy before playing his arena which was a mistake on my part
Oh sorry i never got around to answering that.

spoiler

Anyways, new race hype. I just died on sher'tul so i feel really pathetic. Terrible fucking idea to fight luminous horrors with a fire mage and i should've backed off but i'm stupid.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
>finally get a cursed going
>sandwirm lair
>run into the boss
>get suffocated
>survive, but get stuck between an elite and the queen
>go from 440 health to -6

God i hate that fucking area. Not that i usually have trouble with it.
People probably stopped caring about this thread long ago but I finally won the game ^^
Higher necromancer, normal adventure (necromancy+). Went for lich asap. Went to the last area at lvl 42 and noticed everything was 10-15 levels higher than me. I had absolutely no hope left when I saw the last boss at level 75. So I died once and was close to just quitting (no souls, no chance), but I decided to farm Cecilia's heart for 17 souls just for the hell of it. I leveled 8 times from the boss's death.
I might start playing this game again because I truly enjoyed it, but I'll be honest, I have no hopes for ever winning the game.
It's very easy to get one-shotted, but there are ways to not die.
1. Check every rare creature's abilities (rmb>inspect), because rare creatures have classes like you do, and you want to know if you're dealing with a summoner, archmage or berserker.
2. Set damage shield to activate when enemies are visible. It may seem like a waste but it'smuch better than seeing your hp go from full to zero without knowing what hit you.
3. Vision is underrated. Improve your sight range to 11 (very few abilities have more than 10 range, and enemies see you at 10)
4. Resistances. It matters a great deal whether you have lightning res or not in daikara, and res all is really nice. I wouldn't have managed my last character if it wasn't for my 60% arcane and 20% res all.

Hope that helps.
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
It's very easy to get one-shotted, but there are ways to not die.
1. Check every rare creature's abilities (rmb>inspect), because rare creatures have classes like you do, and you want to know if you're dealing with a summoner, archmage or berserker.
2. Set damage shield to activate when enemies are visible. It may seem like a waste but it'smuch better than seeing your hp go from full to zero without knowing what hit you.
3. Vision is underrated. Improve your sight range to 11 (very few abilities have more than 10 range, and enemies see you at 10)
4. Resistances. It matters a great deal whether you have lightning res or not in daikara, and res all is really nice. I wouldn't have managed my last character if it wasn't for my 60% arcane and 20% res all.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I'll try a Wyrmic out today (think that's the dragon like one) and give it a go, even with your advice I might fail to get decently ahead simply due to being out of practice haha.
One year has passed since the one the Orcs call the "Scourge from the West" came and single-handedly crushed the Orc Prides of Grushnak, Vor, Gorbat, and Rak'Shor. The Allied Kingdoms, now linked by farportal to their distant, long-lost Sunwall allies, have helped them conquer most of Var'Eyal. The few remnants of the ravaged Prides are caged... but one Pride remains. Kruk Pride, isolated on an island, is the last orcish settlement that stands; they, too, face their impending doom. The Sunwall has blockaded the only exit point from the island, and now, the technologically advanced civilization of Steam Giants have come down from the mountains to take their homeland with machines and weaponry unlike anything else on Eyal. Kruk Pride has reverse-engineered their technology before; their only hope is to do it again and rise up against the Pride's foes.

New DLC: Embers of Rage. Updated the OP with some info.

Been playing this for a while and I keep getting blasted by stupid rares. Haven't gotten past sunwall observatory yet. The new classes have a lot of good synergies but I'm just not very good with them.
I would really recommend this if you liked the original game, it's a campaign that's just as big as the original one, and variation is really welcome in a game like this. I think you'll like it even more if you're into steampunk so go get it.
Update
ToME: Forbidden Cults expansion is released on steam. I'm late about updating the thread, but i didn't see it until now.

Atm playing Embers of Rage whitehoof doombringer on nightmare/roguelike, level 20. I was previously on a roll with an ogre writhing one (ToME: normal/adventure), made it to the final fight easily and then got stomped.. Haven't unlocked any of the new classes yet.