ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Mod request: Office Chair Battles
I don't have a clue how to make mods for this game, so I was hoping someone else might take a stab at making a mod I would like to see (if this is even possible).

It would be fun to have a mod where you both start out sitting in office chairs with wheels, and at the start of the match you get a small shove towards eachother (but not so hard that the fight is over before you can do anything).

Here's how I think it could work, but remember I have never made a mod so I don't know if this would actually work.

The chair wheels would just be spheres with zero (or very very little) friction.
Your fighter could grip the chair with his knees or hands, or both.
The chairs don't need to be breakable, and maybe they should be backless so they have simpler collision and don't slow the game down too much.

So, anyone willing to make this?
sorry dood, i'd like that too, but it's impossible, for at least these reasons:

1. you can't joint objects, just lock them in midair close to each other... so the chairs would either have to be static or fall apart recklessly
2. you can't apply force on objects (or can you? i'm not sure)
3. you can't set individual frictions. only the general friction between all the objects
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
i dont think this is possible because you cant static objects together and then move them they just stay in one place sorry to kinda destroy your idea

but ill admit its a pretty cool idea if it was possible
what you could maybe do it, make a single block the you start next to which moves toward you with no friction and you grab onto, then slide toward each other...
Originally Posted by MrPoptart View Post
what you could maybe do it, make a single block the you start next to which moves toward you with no friction and you grab onto, then slide toward each other...

OH! Go and make that mod! Please! It sounds fun.
signature. your into this paste and copy backwards, this read to enough dumb were you if
yea jointing enviro stuff.....would open up HUGE posibilities
"I'm Sander F@#$ing Cohen!"
~Sander Cohen~
well u dont have to have no friction, i made an intersection mod where cars slid towards u, with normal friction, its just a matter of the centre of gravity being low so it won't roll =p