Ranking
I mean the first step isn't/wasn't a requirement for entering the clan,it would seem more of a hassle to test who cares about the clan.The truth,as shallow as this might sound,is that their should be trust given to a member.Although,you're policy sounds good,and I'm willing to adapt to that if we continue opening to applications.But,I've always found invite-only to be the most effective,and respectful way for a clan to recruit members.We should also change with the system a bit,like if I thought somebody would fit into the clan,we'd propose it on irc(WHICH WE SHOULD USE!),and we can discuss.

Got to go sleep,will continue this discussion laters,good night.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Originally Posted by William View Post
like if I thought somebody would fit into the clan...

even i stopped this practice, but yea i often used it before ;p

also

i guess thats about alaister?
so.. i dnt like him from start. ;p mb it will be changed but not soon i guess ;p
Originally Posted by Alaistier View Post
Also, is this even a wushu clan? :l

seems like some1 wasnt really interested in our clan to read forum enought.
my version is: his clan didnt become official. he looking for some tag. he played with william at time we used rank system. william was ldr rank. alaister think that he know the leader and he can join the clan. like william will pull him there for sure.
i will say no. even he didnt apply yet.
Originally Posted by William View Post
like if I thought somebody would fit into the clan...

if i c a guy who can probably fit us im just telling that we have forum and he can apply. then you guys vote ;p I dnt make quick decisions recently ;p

i also know lots nice guys which are clanless play some other mods then wushu but still i didnt pulled any here on my own recently. once i tried to invite some promissing aikido guy there and i was wrong. still use that signature. clan members told we "are wushu clan ffs" so he didnt joined us afterall ;p
seriously i never consider any1 to join us if im not 100% sure that other ppl here know him, played with him, and will say yes probably.
that worked well most times, right? ;p
Last edited by snake; Apr 11, 2011 at 11:52 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
I don't really agree with your test ideas Bojan. lemme explain :p

I'm totally against the 1st step. I don't think I'd be here if I had to write an essay about wushu :
.first, because the word "essay" makes my brain overheat badly.
.second, because I don't know shit about wushu and wushu masters, I just know I'm kinda good at it in toribash.
.third, am lazy as fuck.

A thought about the in-game tests : most of the players that might eventually join us are players we allready know and we've allready played with, I don't think a "formal" in-game test would change our minds on his wushu skills seeing everyone's allowed to fail from times to times, even more during those kind of tests... pressure and shit ya know ;D

Replays are essentials, in-game tests too but more on the lenght I guess.
I think we should just trust our instinct for recruitement, those kind of things happen naturally; "great minds think alike", like great players join fl0w ;D
do not put much enthusiasm, This just will cause problems and stuff that we dont want here.

Lets do this In simple tests, the experimentation way will cause problems in the future.

First lets grow as a clan, And then we care about minor details.

1) Talk whit the user, Know what is his personality and if hes mature.
2) Test the player in game.
3) And show who we are and not approve any person, we will win respect as a clan.

What do you think?

Cheers.
Some awesome stuff -> click here!!
i disagree with the idea also, here's why

1) you excluded all us apparently "less important" members from decision making (and you will got points from me, William and Snake,)

2) what deprav said, "essay"...not really working out for me either. although i think that maybe righting something up that's not a formatted application would be cool. maybe they have to make their own application, that would definitely filter out all the people who care from those who do care.

3) i'm pretty sure everyone already covered this, but just to reiterate: i dont know shit about "real" wushu, like deprav, all i know is that i'm decent at toribash wushu, and want to improve my skill an' shit. maybe we could enforce that they put a really good reason for wanting to join the clan, just so that we know that they even know what we're all about.

do we know what we're all about?
Hampa> dont loose if you want to be ranked high :)
Hampa> yeah, a timeless wisdom right there
Originally Posted by snake
seems like some1 wasnt really interested in our clan to read forum enought.
my version is: his clan didnt become official. he looking for some tag. he played with william at time we used rank system. william was ldr rank. alaister think that he know the leader and he can join the clan. like william will pull him there for sure.
i will say no. even he didnt apply yet.

Sorry about /invade.

Well, sure, I didn't read the clan whatev' to see what exactly this clan was.
I remember there was talk about fl0w and fr3styl and whatnot (ignore the vagueness) so I offhandedly assumed you were somewhat partially similar. Don't ask for details about what I heard.. it was a few months ago. I've slept a lot since then.

Also, you're right about I talked to William prior to this clan becoming official. At the time I was in a unofficial clan, so I politely declined. Either way, I got disrespected by the clan I was in, packed up and left.

However, I am not looking for a clan tag.. That's absurd. If I wanted a clan tag so badly, there are plenty of easier alternatives. (Drones, bleu, etc...) I just wanted to be part of something bigger than a bunch of disconnected people who know nothing about each other, or even share a semi-fluent language. (In other words, you guys, at least the people I've seen, seem pretty close.) I was glancing through the clan page, looking for something where I thought I'd fit in. I remembered William, and he seemed pretty cool, the kind of person who probably is in a group with other good (as a person) people. So I decided to give this a try.

Sorry that I already rubbed you the wrong way, it certainly wasn't my goal. Also, sorry for writing this long-ass post.

So, tl;dr= You were right about some things, wrong about some others, and if you want, I'll piss off. Lol.

Adieu.
i'm not gana lie, that was a pretty boss post you just made, and if anyone ever posted something like that when applying to the clan, i would say yes for sure. but it's not my decision to make, and even if some of the other guys like you, it will probly take some time still.
my advise, just post an app, add some replays, and we'll take it from there, because this isn't really the board to talk about this
Hampa> dont loose if you want to be ranked high :)
Hampa> yeah, a timeless wisdom right there
Alright, suggestion overruled.
We then doing recruiting same as before, some invite, some evaluation of the app's and replays.
Originally Posted by snake View Post
even i stopped this practice, but yea i often used it before ;p

also

i guess thats about alaister?

I don't even remember him that much to think about rules based on him,so not really xP.

Anyway snake is just testing you guys indirectly through those questions,so yeah he's like a bad ass bodyguard xD.

Good post alaister.
Last edited by William; Apr 12, 2011 at 06:24 AM.
Your messed up world enthrills me