Toribash
Original Post
last round afk in tournament
why wouldn't you get the tc if they are afk from spec?? i want my 5k
Last edited by Slau; Feb 3, 2017 at 02:57 PM. Reason: changed prefix
pacquiao
I admit there might be a way to farm, but its only possible if ALL YOUR OPPONENTS enter the tourney and go afk up to final fight and no other players join the tourney. Actually, its impossible at practice.
As i know, the result of one player being afk in a regular tourney fight (not in finals) is win of another player and the end of a knockout match. Why can not this exist in finals?
If you say that it can be rigging between final match players, isnt tourney rigging allowed? If you both survived to finals, you deserve to do that. One can surrender and self-dq, other can send the half of tc that he won to whoever he wants. But its extremelly unfair when you actually fight and reach the finals to earn the tc and your opponent just kills the sense of that tourney. So, what you said is pointless. There is no way to -farm-.
-
This is kind of a bug and fixing it will only give positive effects.
Last edited by Fea; Dec 18, 2016 at 08:55 AM.
Originally Posted by Fea View Post
If you both survived to finals, you deserve to do that. One can surrender and self-dq, other can send the half of tc that he won to whoever he wants. But its extremelly unfair when you actually fight and reach the finals to earn the tc and your opponent just kills the sense of that tourney. So, what you said is pointless. There is no way to -farm-.

Actually this is completely illegal and considered farming, so you are completely incorrect.

A tournament is designed so that the best player wins tc, and the reason players aren't rewarded tc on afk players is two-fold. One, it literally hands you a free win that you really didn't earn; and two, it makes it really easy to just stick two highly skilled players in a lobby and farm tc all day, ruining everyone else's chances. It's there for a good reason, and likely won't be changed, but it's understandable why it's disliked so much.
I think I might be retired.
Yes, I was wrong when still thought that rigging final matches is legal (though I used to do so with my clanmate years ago lol, if we met at finals, we never really fought, one of us just fell to the ground).

1st: I hope you know that a tournament is not only a final match. Imagine a tournament with 10 players, which you play in and keep winning each of your fights. You beat all these bastards and you are kinda proud of yourself. Finally, you get this final match for yorself, and you are preparing to have a good fight and maybe a good amount of tc. You really did a hard work at that tourney, but the afk player just smashes all your labour to the dirt.
Would that be really fair and nice?

2nd: Yeah, this is the dark side. I wont say that -If they are strong enough, cant they win- because I have met such a situation. I didnt really like when some guys left no chance for other low-tier players like me. I agree on this one.