Toribash
Original Post
(Off topic)Product keys
Um, a little off-topic but,
I bought Mass Effect 2 a while ago, on cd. But my CD reader is broken
Now, can i use my product key to download the game is steam or something? There is an option for "Activate a product on steam" but the code doesent work.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
No, keys from physical games are different to Steam keys.

You should download an ISO for the game and then use that to install it (despite what people think, it is legal to download a copy of the game if you already own it),
depends on the country he's in, jesus what a bad advise

Origin might work
Last edited by siku; May 2, 2012 at 02:11 AM.
QUACK
His country code is SE and his sig is in Sweden. I thought it was an elegant to make the connection that he is in Sweden, and thus avoid any lengthy discussion about legality. Since it is fine in Sweden isn't that all we have to consider?

EDIT: Unless you were referring to "not able to use physical keys to activate on Steam", the only time you can is if the game is a Valve product (eg The Orange Box) or is specifically anchored to Steam (eg Skyrim). Since it is neither, there is no need to go in to yet another lengthy discussion.
seeing as you can download the game from origin way faster than any torrent tracker and it's definitely legal, and that origin isnt really as bad as all the steam fanboys/EA haters make it look like, definitely go with origin
QUACK
I dunno, I get 40mb/s from some torrents, and I've never got that speed on Origin. But really it is up to OP as to whether he wants to use Origin or not. Personally I already have Steam so I don't want a Steam clone...
It worked! Ty both so much for the effort
EDIT: This can be closed.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
just to be clear, did my awesome suggestion work or did gorman's retarded suggestion work

mine was the 100% legal origin one
QUACK