ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
experimental replay guide
I have been experimenting on joint weekness latley and I came up with a few things that might help.

Hello all toribashians, I am KronosLord and this is my short guide.
Have you ever had toruble Getting just 1 measly Dm? well not for long with the help of these few tips.

KL's short guide to easier Dismembering

If you have a replay you would like to share with the rest of toribash please post it.

1. As Kronoslord is mentioned, using manipulative movements makes dismembering Uke so much easier. Use manipulations by causing a lifting tap or just making Uke go airborne by using a grab (Try to use without grab when you're getting better). Take a look at people manipulating in madmans, splits or decaps. The momentum is easy to get flowing and you will get a chance to make a less stiff or slow replay. The reason it's easier is mainly because of that Uke's body falls down with a velocity fast enough to dismember him really easy and sometimes even very powerful. Though, manipulating can be hard in the beginning so take into account that try to manipulate without using long and/or ugly grabs. Just a tap in his lower regions (call it penis or whatever you feel like) and he will get elevated enoygh to keep manipulating him. If you're new to manipulating then I recommend using grab until you get a nack on this.

2. Hitting uke once sometimes makes his joints go red. When the joints get red they're indicating that the dismember threshold is lowered and by that I mean hit that red joint again and you might get a dismemberment. Take a look at the replay called "Joint weakness" that Kronoslord attached. Notice that he's hitting Uke's lumbar area once with the right hand and then he makes another hit with the left hand. Don't tap too much though, it makes the replay look strange. You can also do it by kicking. Just make a tapkick and make sure the joint you kick goes red, and then you just kick again. If you do that with some power, you will get a dismemberment. Iff you're bored, then you can kick him with weak kicks multiple times just for the lulz.

3. Using the ground makes some replays look fantasticly fluid. It's mostly used in sambo.tbm settings. It's a bit hard so I recommend this if you are familiar to destruction. I have a pretty simple hint for you if you're going to make a replay with ground usage. At first, set damage to 1 so both you and uke can damage yourselves. Then try to throw the body part you want to dismember to the ground with some power. You don't always have to throw the body part, you can grab it and just push it to the ground.

#1 Tapping lowers Dt
#2 ground has effect
#3 momentum from the air

http://www.box.net/shared/k0auzmhrmx
http://www.box.net/shared/gssyihgcgb
Attached Files
Joint weakness.rpl (87.4 KB, 28 views)
Last edited by KronosLord; Aug 29, 2009 at 07:28 PM.
- > - > ORMO | 7th dan < - < -
<Muse> hush little kronos, dont you cry, Muse is gonna sing you a lullaby
1. As Kronoslord is mentioned, using manipulative movements makes dismembering Uke so much easier. Use manipulations by causing a lifting tap or just making Uke go airborne by using a grab (Try to use without grab when you're getting better). Take a look at people manipulating in madmans, splits or decaps. The momentum is easy to get flowing and you will get a chance to make a less stiff or slow replay. The reason it's easier is mainly because of that Uke's body falls down with a velocity fast enough to dismember him really easy and sometimes even very powerful. Though, manipulating can be hard in the beginning so take into account that try to manipulate without using long and/or ugly grabs. Just a tap in his lower regions (call it penis or whatever you feel like) and he will get elevated enoygh to keep manipulating him. If you're new to manipulating then I recommend using grab until you get a nack on this.

2. Hitting uke once sometimes makes his joints go red. When the joints get red they're indicating that the dismember threshold is lowered and by that I mean hit that red joint again and you might get a dismemberment. Take a look at the replay called "Joint weakness" that Kronoslord attached. Notice that he's hitting Uke's lumbar area once with the right hand and then he makes another hit with the left hand. Don't tap too much though, it makes the replay look strange. You can also do it by kicking. Just make a tapkick and make sure the joint you kick goes red, and then you just kick again. If you do that with some power, you will get a dismemberment. Iff you're bored, then you can kick him with weak kicks multiple times just for the lulz.

3. Using the ground makes some replays look fantasticly fluid. It's mostly used in sambo.tbm settings. It's a bit hard so I recommend this if you are familiar to destruction. I have a pretty simple hint for you if you're going to make a replay with ground usage. At first, set damage to 1 so both you and uke can damage yourselves. Then try to throw the body part you want to dismember to the ground with some power. You don't always have to throw the body part, you can grab it and just push it to the ground.

I'm in a hurry for a bit. I will add more if needed.
Last edited by Tempo; Aug 28, 2009 at 06:55 AM.
★★★★★
[Sigma] [ORMO] [OLDA] [OSHI] [a]lly
The thing is, tapping a joint before actually dismembering it could potentially look bad. It's fine if you do it, but make sure you do it stylishly.

Same thing with ground dismembers. As long as it's stylish. Also, Kronos mentions raising gravity (#3). I actually recommend you do not since I think it's best that you should get used to the default gravity which is universally used. Sambo or 0 0 -30 gravity is ok though.
Edit: this is a guide and now a place were you can post your replays of using any of these tactics.
- > - > ORMO | 7th dan < - < -
<Muse> hush little kronos, dont you cry, Muse is gonna sing you a lullaby