____  _____  __  __  _  _  ___  _  _ 
(  _ \(  _  )(  )(  )( \( )/ __)( \/ )
 ) _ < )(_)(  )(__)(  )  (( (__  \  / 
(____/(_____)(______)(_)\_)\___) (__) 
i like the first and the "punch core launch"
but all are more win than instant noodles
[RIGHT][sheep][/RIGHT]
Originally Posted by sincrest View Post
i didn't think they were all that great... but its because its Dafe people all say its wicked, i mean he is really good but they weren't that special... but they were good.

It all depends on what you like, and what you're looking for. I like highly technical moves, really hard hits, realistic movement and big fluid flashy stuff. Madman style replays, I don't like so much, but people who are newer to the game love them. It all depends on your perspective.

Honestly, I didn't really care for the second one, because the form for both of the first strikes is sloppy. I just like it for the part at the end where I section out Uke's thigh.

The first one was just for the novelty of doing a shoryuken.

The third one, though, I love. I watch it over and over again. It's noteworthy to me because earlier in my Toribash career, I postulated that doing good straight punches was impossible. On top of that, knocking the core clean out of Uke is fairly difficult in general. And on top of that, knocking the core clean out of a limp Uke is more difficult still. This is stuff you won't really appreciate unless you try to do it.

Feel free to think and say what you want about the replays, but don't insult people by saying they only like something because of the name attached to it.
Radioactive torso's description should be, "You have cancer like wow."
Sexy replays, Dafe. I made a gif of the second one.

Also if you need moar frames during a match type in /setframes (number of total frames).

And the third.

Last edited by RabidClone; Dec 1, 2007 at 05:52 AM.
Originally Posted by Dafe View Post
It all depends on what you like, and what you're looking for. I like highly technical moves, really hard hits, realistic movement and big fluid flashy stuff. Madman style replays, I don't like so much, but people who are newer to the game love them. It all depends on your perspective.

Honestly, I didn't really care for the second one, because the form for both of the first strikes is sloppy. I just like it for the part at the end where I section out Uke's thigh.

The first one was just for the novelty of doing a shoryuken.

The third one, though, I love. I watch it over and over again. It's noteworthy to me because earlier in my Toribash career, I postulated that doing good straight punches was impossible. On top of that, knocking the core clean out of Uke is fairly difficult in general. And on top of that, knocking the core clean out of a limp Uke is more difficult still. This is stuff you won't really appreciate unless you try to do it.

Feel free to think and say what you want about the replays, but don't insult people by saying they only like something because of the name attached to it.

Don't think of it as an insult I honestly think you and me have the same views on replays i do love 2 or 3 quick realistic looking strikes or even more as long as you got your feet or hands on the ground... its kinda hard to describe my taste. I may not think you are the best at Toribash, but i prefer your replays over the three pro's, one of them being you. and i was wondering how long it took you to become so pro, because i have been playing for half a year... and i can't control tori as well as you, i don't need tips because i edit your replays and see how you contract and limp and harden joints threw out many frames, which i also do. I would also like to know how you get to where you want? is it allot of editing, or when your going for that kick do you get to a certain, and then, contract, extend, limp, harden, the certain things all at once in that frame then move it a frame and see if u can get even closer to that kick, by doing what ever you know you need to do to ad more force to that kick as in swinging arms back and stuff.

SRY FOR THE BAD GRAMMAR AND ALL THE TYPING!! BUT I MUST PROGRESS AS A TORIBASHION!!!

this is Desertpunk btw, and this is one of my replays, maybe you could check it out and give me some advice. im only typing as sincrest for this message and the last one because 1. i got SUSPENDED, 2. and he was posting on the forums so i shoved him out of the way to say all this XD
Attached Files
4 punchis..rpl (229.3 KB, 39 views)
That's a fun replay.

My process usually goes like, "I want to do ___", and I think about how I would do it in real life. I get an approximate motion going, and then I go back and refine it. Maybe clean up the swing of a limb here, coordinate for more power there, but you don't want to go overboard. A lot of the time, the most efficient movements are the ones that happen naturally. It's your job at that point to just stay out of the way. I could have kept making adjustments to my shoulder joint or something, to pinpoint strike a particular spot, but each time I change direction, I'm taking potential power out of the strike, and slowing it down. So most of the time, I spend a bunch of time fine tuning the set up, but then I let the strike happen largely on its own, using the momentum I developed earlier on. With that sort of methodology, you end up looking a lot less like a robot (it also helps if you don't keep your elbows and knees extended all the time), and a little more like a person. And as in real life, your hips lead your kicks, and your torso leads your punches. Big movements to small.

Also, I've been playing since the middle of last year.
I love how you change the momentum and setting up the second punch by replacing your leg in the third replay.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Yeah. My right leg really does most of the important work for those hits. The fact that it's grounded and so far away from the axis of rotation of my torso provides a lot of power.

Could have milked it for another punch, but I liked how far I sent that core bit flying.

This would be more fun with self-damage.

edit: Another punch or more, apparently. Unfortunately, I had nothing left to hit, but that fourth punch is the haymaker of the set.
Attached Files
punchCoreLaunch2.rpl (87.8 KB, 50 views)
punchCoreLaunch3.rpl (98.7 KB, 68 views)
Last edited by Dafe; Dec 1, 2007 at 03:07 PM.
If you look up win in a dictionary there's a picture of you.

Had to test punches myself. Most of the time I put too much or less pressure in it =/
Last edited by NutHug; Apr 14, 2008 at 07:36 PM.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube