ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Singleplayer levels -> Parkour + Fighting
I've moved to a new thread what i started in Career Mod. Anyways this is what i was thinking about.

The player starts from a point A and has to reach a point B. In between there is Uke.

The system has different levels, once you complete one, you unlock the next one. Each level has a different mod, with different difficoulty, for example: you have less DM threshold / it's more difficoult to DM Uke / there are less frames to complete the level / there are more obstacles.

General mod layout:

Click to open a bad drawing

- Player runs towards Uke avoiding obstacles. He also can't fall from blocks: if he touches death zone, he will instantly dq and lose.
- Uke's feet are glued to the ground, but he can move torso and arms. When the player is near enough, Uke's hands grab and with some random predefined movements he tries to grab the player. Uke will be in a place where the player can't avoid him easily (on a bridge or a thigh passage for example).
- Once Uke grabbed the player his movements' path will change and will randomly move mainly elbows, pecs and shoulders.
- The player has to DM Uke in order to finish the level, this will be the only way to run away from Uke. He can also DM himself to escape from Uke's grab.
- Once the player defeats Uke, he can reach the end and unock the next level.

To give some variety there could be mods where Uke doesn't grab, but his hands are instagib or he uses some kind of weapon, so the player has to avoid him in a certain way.

There are many ways to change the path that the player has to follow, for example minefields or high jumps.

Another important component is the frame limit. The number should change from level to level, depends on lenght and difficulty. With a lower amount if frames you could complicate a lot the level and you may be forced to avoid Uke because of time.

I know this will require quite a bit of work, mainly for mod creation and Uke's movements, but this is just something that i came up with to mix parkour and PvP. Fights with Uke could be more interesting since his feet are glued to the ground and he can't fall like an idiot. Also you have to parkour after a fight, this means that you'll miss some body parts, or an Uke's arm is still grabbing you. This could be something interesting and new.

But, again, i don't know how much of what i've just written could be effectively possible.

I thought this not for new players, this is a challenge for players that already have a certain experience with the game.

Prizes? There could be a not tradeable item like a medal that you can wear, each time you pass a certain number of levels you earn a new medal.

It would open a new record's section too: most DMs, fastest level completion, and much more.
This will make the game more harder...
If beginners cant win to Uke in "Challenge Uke", Imagine they while running

EDIT: and maybe make quit players

NOT SUPPORTED
Running away...
Originally Posted by Superseba View Post
This will make the game more harder...
If beginners cant win to Uke in "Challenge Uke", Imagine they while running

EDIT: and maybe make quit players

NOT SUPPORTED

Well, you clearly haven't read the whole thing then.

Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
I thought this not for new players, this is a challenge for players that already have a certain experience with the game.

New players should focus to learn game's mechanics and understand how a tori work, i made this for players that want something new in the game. Also you are not obliged to make a perfect run with tricks and such, you just have to go from A to B, you are free to decide how.

Those are optional levels, why would they make the game harder? The game doesn't change at all.

Also could you explain me why would they quit? I can't understand.
Last edited by WeppetKo; Aug 16, 2015 at 05:55 PM.
Challenging Uke in different levels? Like, the first level is the one we have already, adding more advanced levels with parkour sounds like a great idea. But the AI of Uke should be something like waiting for you to grab you.
Originally Posted by BasicPunch View Post
Challenging Uke in different levels? Like, the first level is the one we have already, adding more advanced levels with parkour sounds like a great idea. But the AI of Uke should be something like waiting for you to grab you.

Yes, when the player is near enough, Uke starts to make a pattern of movements to try to catch him (more patterns could be created and Uke chooses one randomly). The problem is that i don't know if there is a way to do this.
Yes, when the player is near enough, Uke starts to make a pattern of movements to try to catch him (more patterns could be created and Uke chooses one randomly). The problem is that i don't know if there is a way to do this.

you can script movements.

not much a coder (at all)

but i reckon it will be a simple as a the movememory script.

however instead of you having to manually click it's randomized each time, and it's not necessarily a starter but a different movement for each 10 frames (implying 10 is the default tf) we'd just need someone who's good at parkour/tricking/sparring to make a lot of replays to copy each movement.
damn im gettin old
Originally Posted by Velair View Post
you can script movements.

not much a coder (at all)

but i reckon it will be a simple as a the movememory script.

however instead of you having to manually click it's randomized each time, and it's not necessarily a starter but a different movement for each 10 frames (implying 10 is the default tf) we'd just need someone who's good at parkour/tricking/sparring to make a lot of replays to copy each movement.

Remember that Uke is glued to the ground in a certain mod's zone. I don't know much about scripts, but shouldn't be difficoult to make some easy but efficient patterns for uke's upper bod and arms. With "i don't know if there is a way to do this" i was referring to the possibility of starting Uke's movements once tori approaches him.
Last edited by Cheshyre; Aug 17, 2015 at 02:26 AM.
- Player runs towards Uke avoiding obstacles. He also can't fall from blocks: if he touches death zone, he will instantly dq and lose.
- Uke's feet are glued to the ground, but he can move torso and arms. When the player is near enough, Uke's hands grab and with some random predefined movements he tries to grab the player. Uke will be in a place where the player can't avoid him easily (on a bridge or a thigh passage for example).
- Once Uke grabbed the player his movements' path will change and will randomly move mainly elbows, pecs and shoulders.
- The player has to DM Uke in order to finish the level, this will be the only way to run away from Uke. He can also DM himself to escape from Uke's grab.
- Once the player defeats Uke, he can reach the end and unock the next level.

To give some variety there could be mods where Uke doesn't grab, but his hands are instagib or he uses some kind of weapon, so the player has to avoid him in a certain way.

There are many ways to change the path that the player has to follow, for example minefields or high jumps.

Another important component is the frame limit. The number should change from level to level, depends on lenght and difficulty. With a lower amount if frames you could complicate a lot the level and you may be forced to avoid Uke because of time.

I know this will require quite a bit of work, mainly for mod creation and Uke's movements, but this is just something that i came up with to mix parkour and PvP. Fights with Uke could be more interesting since his feet are glued to the ground and he can't fall like an idiot. Also you have to parkour after a fight, this means that you'll miss some body parts, or an Uke's arm is still grabbing you. This could be something interesting and new.

I just readed this...
for a white belt who knows nothing of the game, how to move, and not even try to move joints, it would be impossible, he will fail and fail and fail, like in "Challenge Uke".

Maybe my opinion would change if this would be for high belt players

Prizes? There could be a not tradeable item like a medal that you can wear, each time you pass a certain number of levels you earn a new medal.

This can be cool...but actually wear a lot of medals doesn't look cool, like if you have 7 or 8 levels, you will wear 7 or 8 medals? and if the medals had physics it would be a lot of butthurting glitches
Running away...
Originally Posted by Superseba View Post
I just readed this...
for a white belt who knows nothing of the game, how to move, and not even try to move joints, it would be impossible, he will fail and fail and fail, like in "Challenge Uke".

Maybe my opinion would change if this would be for high belt players

This can be cool...but actually wear a lot of medals doesn't look cool, like if you have 7 or 8 levels, you will wear 7 or 8 medals? and if the medals had physics it would be a lot of butthurting glitches

Again... read following quotes please.

New players should focus to learn game's mechanics and understand how a tori work, i made this for players that want something new in the game. Also you are not obliged to make a perfect run with tricks and such, you just have to go from A to B, you are free to decide how.

I don't want it to be belt restricted, anyone can try, but this has been designed for experienced players.

About medals, i thought that would be cool to make different medals for different levels (maybe the same medal but recolored). In this way you can have only one medal activated and it will still symbolize the last level you passed.

Also the medal doesn't necessairly have to have physics, it could just be a 3d object glued to your pec.