Toribash
Original Post
Singleplayer levels -> Parkour + Fighting
I've moved to a new thread what i started in Career Mod. Anyways this is what i was thinking about.

The player starts from a point A and has to reach a point B. In between there is Uke.

The system has different levels, once you complete one, you unlock the next one. Each level has a different mod, with different difficoulty, for example: you have less DM threshold / it's more difficoult to DM Uke / there are less frames to complete the level / there are more obstacles.

General mod layout:

Click to open a bad drawing

- Player runs towards Uke avoiding obstacles. He also can't fall from blocks: if he touches death zone, he will instantly dq and lose.
- Uke's feet are glued to the ground, but he can move torso and arms. When the player is near enough, Uke's hands grab and with some random predefined movements he tries to grab the player. Uke will be in a place where the player can't avoid him easily (on a bridge or a thigh passage for example).
- Once Uke grabbed the player his movements' path will change and will randomly move mainly elbows, pecs and shoulders.
- The player has to DM Uke in order to finish the level, this will be the only way to run away from Uke. He can also DM himself to escape from Uke's grab.
- Once the player defeats Uke, he can reach the end and unock the next level.

To give some variety there could be mods where Uke doesn't grab, but his hands are instagib or he uses some kind of weapon, so the player has to avoid him in a certain way.

There are many ways to change the path that the player has to follow, for example minefields or high jumps.

Another important component is the frame limit. The number should change from level to level, depends on lenght and difficulty. With a lower amount if frames you could complicate a lot the level and you may be forced to avoid Uke because of time.

I know this will require quite a bit of work, mainly for mod creation and Uke's movements, but this is just something that i came up with to mix parkour and PvP. Fights with Uke could be more interesting since his feet are glued to the ground and he can't fall like an idiot. Also you have to parkour after a fight, this means that you'll miss some body parts, or an Uke's arm is still grabbing you. This could be something interesting and new.

But, again, i don't know how much of what i've just written could be effectively possible.

I thought this not for new players, this is a challenge for players that already have a certain experience with the game.

Prizes? There could be a not tradeable item like a medal that you can wear, each time you pass a certain number of levels you earn a new medal.

It would open a new record's section too: most DMs, fastest level completion, and much more.
I think it would be cool if there were the same number of levels as belts and players are recommended to do the level at the given belt, the white belt and yellow belt levels may not contain uke at all

and some other levels could have uke stationary

just some thought
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
this sounds like a good idea, the whole obstacle thing sounds good but for this to be a good idea i think Hampa would need to put a more advanced AI in uke so we could actually do combat worthy of completing a level, also the AI needs to have a randomized move sequence so if this happens, we wont be able to replay the level and easily predict what ukes move would be. i for one think this is a great idea, also i know this is a long shot but what about a 3rd person in some mods, say a different version of spar, (this is just naming good sparrers) say swexx, mocucha, and largekilla wanted to spar so they all 3 go and they could put it on youtube to make one of them beat the whole thing and look like a total boss, im not saying just for spar but i think it would have some cool possibility's, like the bar fight mod or something
I totally support this idea especially smallbowl's Idea where there is a round for each belt. Adding on to what vortex said: The higher the belt maybe make ukes movements harder to counter and/or add more tori's like uke that the player has to surpass in order to reach the finish.
Rescudo is the only sentient being in the server-iRookie
Apply for (Ne)
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
I think it would be cool if there were the same number of levels as belts and players are recommended to do the level at the given belt, the white belt and yellow belt levels may not contain uke at all

and some other levels could have uke stationary

just some thought

Could be nice, they would be 20 levels, it think it's an appropriate number. But as every Toribasher knows, belts don't really matter. Especially here that parkour is particularly important, for who knows how to parkour will be easier, even if there are different situations. A player that enjoys parkour generally isn't an high belt because he prefers single player rather than multiplayer. That's why i don't think it would be an appropriate way to classify a level difficoulty.

Originally Posted by vortex1703 View Post
this sounds like a good idea, the whole obstacle thing sounds good but for this to be a good idea i think Hampa would need to put a more advanced AI in uke so we could actually do combat worthy of completing a level, also the AI needs to have a randomized move sequence so if this happens, we wont be able to replay the level and easily predict what ukes move would be. i for one think this is a great idea, also i know this is a long shot but what about a 3rd person in some mods, say a different version of spar, (this is just naming good sparrers) say swexx, mocucha, and largekilla wanted to spar so they all 3 go and they could put it on youtube to make one of them beat the whole thing and look like a total boss, im not saying just for spar but i think it would have some cool possibility's, like the bar fight mod or something

The three person spar is another thing, doesn't really belong to this suggestion since those are singleplayer levels. Anyways, i proposed the kind of movements that Uke should do, they are random so no one can really copy another player's replay.

Originally Posted by Rescudo View Post
I totally support this idea especially smallbowl's Idea where there is a round for each belt. Adding on to what vortex said: The higher the belt maybe make ukes movements harder to counter and/or add more tori's like uke that the player has to surpass in order to reach the finish.

Yes, level difficoulty could be based on "you have less DM threshold / it's more difficoult to DM Uke / there are less frames to complete the level / there are more obstacles." as i said in the first post. About another Uke, i don't know, it's totally a devs' decision because there have ever been problems while talking about adding a tori. In this case could be different since Uke isn't a player but just a bot.
Didn't even think about people just using c/p moves to beat the level until you said it, the random uke thing is about as good as you can get to countering that, even though there will be moves that just clear uke by ~2 toris tall.
Cool though, there should be "career ranks" awarded for beating X amount of levels(Bashing Fanatic!, Uke Crusher!) that show up on a players player-card.
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
Yes, when the player is near enough, Uke starts to make a pattern of movements to try to catch him (more patterns could be created and Uke chooses one randomly). The problem is that i don't know if there is a way to do this.

Should be doable, there are tools to check current body position so uke's movements could be based off that.
Running a check on whether Uke grabbed the player or not is more of a problem, however.

Item / TC rewards for SP challenges are not going to be added though. Steam achievements can probably be a thing.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Should be doable, there are tools to check current body position so uke's movements could be based off that.
Running a check on whether Uke grabbed the player or not is more of a problem, however.

Item / TC rewards for SP challenges are not going to be added though. Steam achievements can probably be a thing.

Uhm, think about grip sounds, they start when a player, that has that sound activated, grabs the other. Couldn't the grab check work as the grip sound does? I don't know anything about programming, i'm just wondering.

Items i proposed as prizes are untradeable. Once you earn a medal on a level, the one you earned for beating the precendent level is automatically deleted. You can't really farm something untradeable. However i understand if there will be problems with generating items and managing the whole process.

Achievements would be nice too since at the moment on steam there are only belt achievements, some variety wouldn't hurt anyone. Maybe even ingame, between stats or under your name, could appear the highest stage you cleared.
Uhm, think about grip sounds, they start when a player, that has that sound activated, grabs the other. Couldn't the grab check work as the grip sound does? I don't know anything about programming, i'm just wondering.

Well that surely can be added, I meant that there are no lua tools that allow that now. Chances are, however, that there are some magic functions that aren't documented anywhere. Will ask Dranix about it anyway, most of the other stuff looks feasible so far.
But if The Beginners dont know how to Run! OR EVEN GET CLOSE TO HIM!? This will be inpossible to then! And other thing they will never beat uke cause he is much Experienced
Originally Posted by sonicX2 View Post
But if The Beginners dont know how to Run! OR EVEN GET CLOSE TO HIM!? This will be inpossible to then! And other thing they will never beat uke cause he is much Experienced

Read the whole thing, or at least check some of my answers, thanks.