Ranking
Original Post
[REL] NEW MATARIKA PARKOUR MOD

Hey guys so i've returned with a new parkour mod! It's supposed to be kinda like a little Parkour park, rather than some sort of rooftop or urban theme like i usually do. But I hope you guys enjoy and make tons of good replays. c:

If anything is wrong feel free to let me know, I take constructive criticism, all querulous or carping criticism has no place here.

Screenshots

Attached Files
mata_freerun_plaza.tbm (25.8 KB, 215 views)
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Large Jumps? :/

I don't quite see what you meant, I made sure each "long jump" was up to proportion with the capability of the Tori. You know for people who like long jumps and rolling. A common theme in parkour (as you know). And for most of the long jumps i made sure to provide an alternate route of getting across.

For people who are all about the obstacle part of parkour, i made sure to add lots of stuff to climb over, on or under.

Then the people who like the running aspect of parkour, i've added breaks in-between of obstacles to just straight run.

And for the climbers i have elevated platforms around as well as the end.

I can't discriminate against people who like large Jumps. So i covered most of what all parkourists like in parkour mods i believe.

But i kinda understand what you mean? I think, but maybe if you actually played up to where the Jump is, you'd see that it isn't a very long or difficult jump, its not like you fall anywhere. (that traps you)
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Originally Posted by matarika View Post
But i kinda understand what you mean? I think, but maybe if you actually played up to where the Jump is, you'd see that it isn't a very long or difficult jump, its not like you fall anywhere. (that traps you)

i'm not even talking about the difficulty, i'm just talking about that i know people have really slow runs, and to that people really can't jump that angle and distance.

EDIT: i'm not even saing that the mod is bad, it's a really nice mod, but not to all publics. ;)
Keep walking
Oh yeah i know u don't think its bad. But u do know u don't have to stay on the grey, black, or white stuff? U can go on the tan, its like concrete. So there really isn't a jump, where you jump across to anywhere. most of the jumps your jumping down to somewhere.

The only maybe difficult part is the 4th image. In the middle where that gap is, where 3 bars are? But i mean, you aren't jumping anywhere its more climbing.

So to sum up what I'm trying to say- Ur saying the distance jumping is bad for people with slow runs cuz they can't clear that. But there is no clearing anything, you can literally run most of this mod, a couple spots you just "jump down" or climb

The only maybe difficult part is the 4th image. In the middle where that gap is, where 3 bars are? But i mean, you aren't jumping anywhere its more climbing.

no, the 3rd image, that jump can't be clear with a slow run.

OBSERVATION: i know that people clan run/walk on that tubes, but, is a jump too, and most parkour newbies tries to clear that jump, and as the same that they have a slow run they can't.
Last edited by TananPro; Jul 7, 2015 at 06:09 AM.
Keep walking
your not supposed to clear that, you jump down to the black or tan part, then continue the run, or if your pro, you can run on the tubes or even attempt to clear that jump all the way across the tan and black.

Thats not supposed to be a jump. Any person who'd run up to that, there first instinct would be to jump down, thats why i left a gap there so you could just go down to the tan/black and continue running.

Last edited by matarika; Jul 7, 2015 at 06:16 AM.
or attempt to clear that jump all the way across the tan and black.

this is what every single newbie people will try, but they can't.

now, let's stop discussing by this.
Keep walking
thats their choice if they wanna try it. It's all about freedom of choice haha.
Parkour = No limits.

Im sorry discussion is my way of understanding the criticism. So i know whether its something that i really need to fix or something being misunderstood.