Ranking
Original Post
[Conc] XML->TBM
So I was bored the other night and I wanted to practice working with xml. Anyways, I ended up making an xml version of your typical mod file, complete with a schema file and all. Then, when I got bored today, I began working on an interpreter to translate the .xml file to a .tbm. Long explanation short, if I do this, it will allow mod makers to use a general markup language to write their mods.

Like so:

<env_obj>
    <shape>box</shape>
    <pos>3.0 2.2 1.0</pos>
    <color>0.5 1.0 1.0</color>
    <rot>0.5 0.5 1.0</rot>
    <sides>0.3 0.2 0.1</sides>
    <force>0.9 0.9 0.9</force>
    <thrust>100 2.0 3.0 3.5</thrust>
    <friction>1</friction>
    <bounce>20</bounce>
    <material>steel</material>
    <mass>25</mass>
    <flag>16</flag>
  </env_obj>

<env_obj>
    <shape>box</shape>
    <pos>3.0 2.2 1.0</pos>
    <color>0.5 1.0 1.0</color>
    <rot>0.5 0.5 1.0</rot>
    <sides>0.3 0.2 0.1</sides>
    <force>0.9 0.9 0.9</force>
    <thrust>100 2.0 3.0 3.5</thrust>
    <friction>1</friction>
    <bounce>20</bounce>
    <material>steel</material>
    <mass>25</mass>
    <flag>16</flag>
  </env_obj>

<!-- Note that you don't have to write numbers except for the joints. The interpreter can index it for you. Although, by the time the interpreter reaches beta (if it does), I'll try to make it so that you can do it either way. -->

<env_obj_joint a="0" b="1">
    <pos>0.5 0.3 0.2</pos>
    <visible>0</visible>
    <axis>0.5 0.2 0.3</axis>
    <range>0.5 25.5</range>
    <strength>20</strength>
    <velocity>30</velocity>
  </env_obj_joint>
The problem is, I'm losing interest in the whole thing, and I don't see much public demand for it. Would anyone be interested in having me finish it? (http://juntalis.reversers.org/dump/P...bm/xml2tbm.zip example xml in there)
I am not completely Sure as to What XML is but im assuming its another Way to make a mod i do believe Notepad would be just fine IMO (assuming what i believe is correct - Please correct me if i am wrong) But i must say The way you put it makes it look much more Prettyer if u can explain it to me better please do (im a little slow today <as usual>)
Robert A. Heinlein: "Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny."
so xml is a more standard language?
If so, it sure sounds like it could help get more people to make mods. I'd say it would be very helpful in the long run.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]