ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
xSQUIDLZx's Singleplayer Replays Thread
I've gotten into making single player replays and I would like to share them with the Toribash Community.
Please give me all of the constructive criticism that you can, I'm still looking to improve my replay making skills.

Thanks
-----
Some of the more recent replays that i have made:
Attached Files
#dlz_dolor_et_trisita.rpl (211.3 KB, 27 views)
#dlz_demo1_v2.rpl (203.7 KB, 22 views)
#dlz_efficiens.rpl (475.6 KB, 21 views)
#dlz_monstratur.rpl (444.7 KB, 15 views)
#dlz_rotary.rpl (237.3 KB, 14 views)
Last edited by Galaxy; Sep 23, 2014 at 01:44 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I'm just going to talk about efficiens.
You've got dms down, you just need to make them look cleaner, since you use your shins a lot and it doesn't look fantastic. Like with the decap, you just absolutely smashed him with your shin for something that could've been done a lot nicer with your foot.
The opener was kind of jerky since you got into a decent position that you could've spun out of but you extended your glutes which killed the inwardly rotating momentum. You've got basic movements down and you have good aim considering some of the dms you got.
What you really should focus on is trying not to rub up against uke so much. The way you did the split was really nice because it was great, really clean. Just enough contact with uke to dm him, but you still had a nice amount of force behind the kick.
Keep working on making your movements smoother, try to time your contractions so that they won't interrupt in your replays, but rather make it look more natural and pleasing. ex. don't contract your knee suddenly when there's no purpose for it, like at the end of a spin. Do it when the contraction will actually add to your speed and keep the replay moving. Rule of thumb, if you stop moving and or slow down a lot because of something you do, you probably don't want to do it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Ok. Thanks, I really appreciate this. I'll make sure to edit and try to make it better.
-----
A W.I.P that I'm trying out, wanted to get the landing later.
Attached Files
#dlz_wip_1.rpl (148.1 KB, 10 views)
#dlz_wip_1_v2.rpl (125.8 KB, 14 views)
Last edited by Galaxy; Sep 23, 2014 at 04:09 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Thanks, I actually just finished them. Still deciding which one to use for my series ;P
-----
These are the finished versions
Attached Files
#dlz_wip_1_v3.rpl (300.8 KB, 12 views)
#dlz_wip_1_v4.rpl (296.2 KB, 11 views)
Last edited by Galaxy; Sep 23, 2014 at 09:04 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
More replays!
I have just named and completed some replays, check them out!
Attached Files
#dlz_Beginnings_1.rpl (296.2 KB, 12 views)
#dlz_Combo_3.rpl (451.2 KB, 13 views)
#dlz_Perfection_2.rpl (303.1 KB, 24 views)
Just watched all of your replays, i'd say there is major improvement already. Perfection_2 is my favorite one of yours
Update
I updated a few of my replays and i made a new one, just wanted to share them with the community.
I would also appreciate some CnC.
Attached Files
#dlz_Beginnings_1.rpl (246.6 KB, 3 views)
#dlz_Perfection_2.rpl (308.4 KB, 3 views)
#dlz_Combo_3.rpl (518.0 KB, 3 views)
#dlz_Rotary_4.rpl (237.3 KB, 7 views)
Last edited by Galaxy; Oct 14, 2014 at 10:13 PM.
complete series so far
all of my series so far
Attached Files
#dlz_Beginnings_1.rpl (246.6 KB, 8 views)
#dlz_Combo_3.rpl (518.0 KB, 7 views)
#dlz_Perfection_2.rpl (308.4 KB, 7 views)
#dlz_Rotary_4.1.rpl (359.8 KB, 9 views)