Toribash
Original Post
EDMish Music, Tell Me What You Think...
Im really new to making music and its not very good but here it is anyways:

https://soundcloud.com/user-578143336

Im thinking about doing a rap soon maybe with foobi, we'll see

Programs: GarageBand (it took forever lol I wish I could afford better software)

'flicker' is the best one out of the 3 imo
Last edited by Veoo; Apr 9, 2017 at 09:33 AM.
suuuuuper chill, i really like this, the bass isnt too overdone, the piano stuff is really nice as well. It sound like u looped some of it quite a bit from 0:15 to like 0:50 but its pretty cool so i didnt mind it, i was just like waiting for more to happen a bit, other than that i like the beat, dont leave us hanging with the middle part tho, spice it up a bit good job veoo
you're on thin ice, pal
Originally Posted by Kozmo View Post
suuuuuper chill, i really like this, the bass isnt too overdone, the piano stuff is really nice as well. It sound like u looped some of it quite a bit from 0:15 to like 0:50 but its pretty cool so i didnt mind it, i was just like waiting for more to happen a bit, other than that i like the beat, dont leave us hanging with the middle part tho, spice it up a bit good job veoo

which one are you talking about, flicker?
aaahhh finally i can criticize something as i have making and listening to edm music for almost 10 years now (non of that mainstream skrillex bullshit although i have to admit he's good)

personally my favorite work of yours is Back to Big
the transitioning between the drop is pretty good considering you're a beginner
although i gotta say you were repeating the same sounds 3-5 times and then switching it up
but that's usually how people start off, the way it ended was bad it was kinda sudden

now Flicker on the other hand
i would call it Glitch hop than chill
the start is good but build up is too slow considering on how short your songs are
you seem to be using hi hats and snares alot you should really mix it up and add more sounds

im not gonna comment on the "test music" one since it obviously is a test

SOMTHING NEW SOMETHING NEW

I kinda disagree with some of the comments above me, this isn't beginner work just a bit rough IMO. Hope the gods provide you the software you dream of Veoo. Sunthers advice was bland, so i write this

Flicker;
Interesting intro, I like the melodics and the structure of the first sequences, starts to feel a bit trap/liquid dub cross, I enjoy the orchestral ambience, was very well received. Only thing I can say is maybe it leans to far to trap, for how I feel the song led in. But that is personal preference. Good song over all.

Back to big;
Crunchy from the start, the bass isn't over done. It feels a tad horror core cross with early era dub. This is nice, I feel. (Could see 17 year old me and his mates rapping over this skeez) the outburst of dramatic brass is great for a break/drop I used to be a large fan of swing and bass. Main thing to say is that this ended too abruptly, it came on hard it should have died slow in my opinion. Keep on doing work.
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits