Toribash
Original Post
Presenting: "The GM Mod Pack"
Hello.
The Gamemasters have been hosting the typical tourney mods for a long long time, and it starts to become a little repetitive. So, there was an idea brought up: For there to be a new range of mods purely for tournaments. These mods would bring new elements to the mods that you all know and love. The mods that have been 'improved' are: aikido.tbm, wushufixed.tbm, judo.tbm, taekkyon.tbm.

Special thanks to SpaceLlama for coming up with the idea of the GM Mod Pack, and to Yoyo (Wooshu, TKNinja, Jircle, Greykido_Arena) and Ed (Edikido) and Dexter (Edikido) for producing the mods for us to all enjoy.

ALAS, we bring you: "The GM Mod Pack".
This mod pack contains 5 of the newly improved mods.

These include:

Greykido_Arena:
Basically, this mod is aikido.tbm with a huge twist. Instead of a dojo, there are multiple smaller pads on the ground. After falling from a starting height, you manouver across these pads without touching the floor beneath them, and try to dq your opponent. The pads are grab-able, therefore it requires great skill to move across the pads and judge when to lash out at your opponent, and when to try save yourself from dqing.

Greykido_Arena

Jircle:
This is taken off the judo.tbm mod. Except, there is now an element of skill brought into it. We've added a small round dojo without dq which allows for the players to try save themselves when limbs are ripped off. I like to think of this one as "Judo without the bullshit".

Jircle

Wooshu:
Wushu with a new element results in... A square dojo that is just big enough for you heels to fit, meaning that there is no running. Also, the ability to grab has been added in, so that if you are about to go flying out from a kick or something, you may grab onto your opponent and attempt to recover. Makes for a very fun tournament.

Wooshu

TKNinja:
Taekkyon can be a boring experiance for everyone. That's why we've added something to make things more... Entertaining. We've added: A SWORD! That's right, everything is the same, except now there is something to beat those annoying snap-kickers. Presicion strikes could end up winning you the game. But you can also parry and throw a kick in somewhere.

TKNinja

Edikido:
This is a smaller version of Greykido_Arena. Again, dq on the floor, and the aim is to stick to the mats. Again, you must concentrate on keeping yourself placed on the mats. But with the area being smaller. And the mats being closer together. It makes for a very fun mod indeed.

Eikido

Download the file attached to this post, follow the instructions on how to install the mod (clearly stated within the text file), and then keep an eye out for these mods to be hosted in tourneys.
Have fun guys!
~The GM Team.
Attached Files
The GM Mod Pack.zip (2.6 KB, 656 views)
Last edited by Uric; May 13, 2011 at 11:02 PM.
New Zealand
~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
PM Erth, he loves it.
~~~~~~~~~~
<~Lightningkid> I'm a spiteful dickhead
<Muur> Ah, good old Dutch Wall Sex..
<~Fish> I love handling dicks
Here you go guys.

Try these.

Contents of the read me file:

Installation Instructions
==========================

Copy the contents of this folder (excluding readme) to the mod folder where Toribash is installed.
For example:
C:\Games\Toribash-3.91\data\mod

Startup toribash and load the mod you want.

Enjoy!

~The GameMasters

Special Thanks to Yoyo, Ed and Dexter for the great Work they put into making these mods.
Attached Files
edikido_fixed.tbm (2.2 KB, 27 views)
greykido_arena_fixed.tbm (2.2 KB, 18 views)
jircle.tbm (444 Bytes, 17 views)
tkninja_fixed.tbm (1.2 KB, 20 views)
wooshu.tbm (469 Bytes, 21 views)
Pc running slow? Think you are infected or just want a general clean up? Try this.

Hey space, Is this a good avvy for the avvy making competition?
Nuehehehhehehehehehehehehehehe
If I were a cherry, I'd be a good cherry.
This thread is about the GM Mod pack. Please keep things like that to PM.
Pc running slow? Think you are infected or just want a general clean up? Try this.

Great mods. Can't wait to take part in these events.
Last edited by Swammy2; Jun 6, 2011 at 03:28 AM.
thx for the mods it is appreciated. btw, when will the event schedule be posted?
<Bubbyzane> As a 16 year old, Canadian, cKy fan, and a gamer, I can honestly say I know the exact definition of cool.
i dont see how wooshu.tbm connected with wushu...
dont like this shit at all.. 1)grabs.. 2)tiny dojo.. wushu is about comebacks and such... and this mod... cant say that i like dt/ft also..

may be games in this mod will be faster then in normal one, but this would not be wushu anymore...

ahh and btw any1 tested those mods? inb4 relise i mean

Originally Posted by Uric View Post
If you dislike them, don't play them.
Simple.

orly?.. we are forced to play those mods due rules of LvP event etc..
and well for now seems like more-or-less-playable-mods are greykido arena, and jircle..
dont really like greykido, but jircle seems like nothing really *new* so playable for sure
Last edited by snake; Jun 11, 2011 at 03:35 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by LastZocker View Post
I may be missing something, but isn't wooshu pretty much the same as aikido?

Engage distance, gravity, and turnframes are different.
There are no fractures in wooshu either.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Originally Posted by snake View Post
ahh and btw any1 tested those mods? inb4 relise i mean

Yes, they have been tested. They are also being used for the Ponies vs Llamas event. I haven't seen any mistakes in any of the mods yet.
[Fr3styL]|TNT|Rooyall: Wanna smell my dick? Me: Why not? Rooyall: That's what I ask the girls all the time..
Originally Posted by NinjaBent View Post
They are also being used for the Ponies vs Llamas event.

yea i know really... even stated before...
Originally Posted by snake View Post
we are forced to play those mods due rules of LvP event etc..

Originally Posted by NinjaBent View Post
I haven't seen any mistakes in any of the mods yet.

Jircle: playable mod, no objections.

Greykido_Arena: plates are way too far from each other, and players also.
so i guess matches will end up like ppl will stay on start, grab plates, and just shaking their legs, trying to harm each other..
if plates will be closer to each other and no grab, even with same distance, it could be better.. more like aikido nograb, or ninjutsu arena, or what ever... mb some dq timeout will be good also...

Wooshu: as i stated before
i dont see how wooshu.tbm connected with wushu...
dont like this shit at all.. 1)grabs.. 2)tiny dojo.. wushu is about comebacks and such... and this mod... cant say that i like dt also..
may be games in this mod will be faster then in normal one, but this would not be wushu anymore...
Mod as it is right now is just about openers.
This is not wushu.
This is 50 turnframes judo.

TKNinja: i dont play tk, so i cant say anything about this one.

Edikido: playable...
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15