Ranking
Original Post
Highrise Rooftop Parkour Event

Ever wanted to run across an unsafe beam hanging 48678572fts above the void? Well here's your chance to get some TC out of that passion

Make the nicest looking replay and

have it take off (example)

- Prize for the nicest replay : 100'000 TC

- Prize for the second nicest replay : 50'000 TC

- We will also award an extra 25'000TC to the replay we found the most interesting and creative

Parkour to the best of your abilities - be it in singleplayer or multiplayer.
You can change your starting position and rotation in this area (scaffolding included), as well as turnframes and matchframes at will.
You may not change any other rules, though.

Beyond that it's up to you:
If you want to replayhack, make a collab, or anything else that fits the rules above, feel free !
Just keep in Mind what the replay will be judged on.

You can enter your replays here freely until the deadline below.
Your post should contain "This is my entry", and any replays on posts without this line will not be taken in consideration.
Whatever

Highrise_rooftops.tbm
(Also attached)

The deadline is Friday the 25th of August. (Approximately one month)

This mod comes, and looks best with the moonlit shader, as well as a custom atmo script.
If you want to download that script, have any questions or anything to say about the mod, please check out its release thread where I'll be more than happy to answer y'all.

Expect a youtube video featuring the best replays at the end !

Attached Files
Highrise_Rooftops.tbm (30.9 KB, 57 views)
Last edited by DashSora; Aug 13, 2017 at 04:29 AM.
who will the judges be for this event? lovely mod btw, i'm definitely going to try to create a replay for this
hi i'm karbn and i eat ass; love the market overlord
Originally Posted by Karbn View Post
who will the judges be for this event? lovely mod btw, i'm definitely going to try to create a replay for this

They'll be four very trusted Rain Clan members. I'd rather keep their individual names on the hush for now, hope y'all understand

also, <3
Dash, as always, your mods are incredibly fun to work with and conveniently offer unique paths to anyone skilled enough. I'm sorry if the replay as a whole is ugly but I was aiming for something interesting to watch and making it took every ounce of the knowledge that I've accumulated over the past 8 years and even then just doing it was hard enough. Making it look good as well? Never! Anyways, I hope you and your judges enjoy it. Cheers.

This is my entry.
Attached Files
Last edited by MagnusSol; Jul 31, 2017 at 07:32 AM.
Climbing like you've never seen before (parody of xlr84life's thread):
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...44#post9187844
Originally Posted by MagnusSol View Post
Dash, as always, your mods are incredibly fun to work with and conveniently offer unique paths to anyone skilled enough. I'm sorry if the replay as a whole is ugly but I was aiming for something interesting to watch and making it took every ounce of the knowledge that I've accumulated over the past 8 years and even then just doing it was hard enough. Making it look good as well? Never! Anyways, I hope you and your judges enjoy it. Cheers.

This is my entry.

Thank you man ! It's a very nice first entry

Everyone else, you still have 20ish days ! get to work :3
Alright..so im in the middle of doing this(awesome mod,btw),i got 2 questions.

1.Can we grab(please tell me that yes,i dont wanna start over from scratch)

2.And what if we accidentally hurt ourselves on accident?
"I am the White Void, I am the Cold Steel, I am the Just Sword! I am Hakumen, the end has come!!"
"Accidentally hurt ourselves on accident"

I'll answer those questions for you, Sora, because I have nothing better to do and because this guy is funny.

To answer #1... Yes you can grab. Why wouldn't you? However I'm going to assume that in a skill perspective when evaluating a replay, the guy who grabs is going to make a lot less of an impressive first impression whereas the guy who does the same things that the other guy had to grab to do but now does them without grabbing is obviously going to be better rewarded at the end of the day. This is just my opinion but it IS shared by most people who still parkour nowadays. Grabbing is perhaps the most looked down thing in a parkour replay and instantly marks you as a complete noob so the key aspect when doing parkour is to learn how to climb and move around without grabbing.

As for #2, I think that you can be a big boy and figure out how to edit the replay before your little "accident" to prevent it and as said before, you're aloud to do it but it makes you look less skilled than you actually are UNLESS you do it on purpose to do something cool. In that case go right ahead.

Cheers.
Climbing like you've never seen before (parody of xlr84life's thread):
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...44#post9187844
This is my entry.

It looks akward.a lot.Still,was fun to do+first parkour map i have ever completed.Feels good.

That chopper is pretty damn fast,btw
Attached Files
"I am the White Void, I am the Cold Steel, I am the Just Sword! I am Hakumen, the end has come!!"
Good luck y'all

inmmortal8 : your replay doesn't violate any rules, and is valid. Thanks for participating !