8 Votes / 12.90%
Linux Ubuntu
5 Votes / 8.06%
Other
17 Votes / 27.42%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

As a gamer, I love W7. There isn't much choice for dx11

I do thunk that most mainstream users would probably be better off with OS X though. It looks sleeker and feels simpler, which is what most people would prefer.

Linux is pretty great for anyone who likes flexibility, but aren't concerned about games.

Just my globalized opinion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
I do thunk that most mainstream users would probably be better off with OS X though. It looks sleeker and feels simpler, which is what most people would prefer.

Due to most people being familiar with Windows OS's, it is simpler for the mainstream audience. One of the reasons people hated on vista was because of the changes made to make it more user friendly made it less easy to use at first due to people not knowing how to do stuff they used to do on XP (that and the performance issues, hard drive raping, etc.).

But yeah, as has been stated, each OS has it's ups and downs. There is no best one.
:D
For games, I prefer windows 7.
For pretty much everything else, Snow Leopard. I like all the options and stuff, also how it's set up and how it works is great.
[Colon 3]
OSX - most well made
W7 - Will work on most computers + most programs
Ubuntu - Very pretty, and its pretty well made, etc

There is no best derp derp >_>
In my opinion? Then I guess I would pick Windows 7. I have actually not tested any of the listed operating system. I only tried Windows 95, 2000, XP, Vista (using now) and probably some earlier version of it. I believe mac is more powerful than Windows. But as said, many games and programs are impossible to run at mac. The linux ubuntu one is definately a cool operating system but I'm pretty sure it's just cool at the outside.

I'm having a feeling mac is better for experienced computer users though. I have to test it sometime.
the best ones are freebsd & openbsd. in some tasks them are unusable - but still they are the best.
(windows -- well, i don't want to talk about it ; linux - some distros are way too red-eyed, other are too desktopish and suckish, and all of them have outstanding bugs in kernel on my hardware)
Originally Posted by Dodekus View Post
In my opinion? Then I guess I would pick Windows 7. I have actually not tested any of the listed operating system. I only tried Windows 95, 2000, XP, Vista (using now) and probably some earlier version of it. I believe mac is more powerful than Windows. But as said, many games and programs are impossible to run at mac. The linux ubuntu one is definately a cool operating system but I'm pretty sure it's just cool at the outside.

I'm having a feeling mac is better for experienced computer users though. I have to test it sometime.

:I
You forgot more than 350 Linux Distributions in your poll!
In my opinion Ubuntu is one of the best known Distributions but there are many others:
Fedora, OPENSuse, Slackware, Gentoo, Debian (Ubuntu is a Debian Fork), Mandriva (Linus Thorvalds once said that he uses this Distribution) and many others.
I'm using OPENSuse but this Distribution is mainly used in German-speaking countries, so you probably won't know it.
Originally Posted by derbomber View Post
Good old XP.

for me it really is most epic operating system
[20:35] <Erth> :D
Now that I've had vista for a while and got windows 7 on my laptop I'd have to go with 7 simply because now I'm alredy used to the new windows, also it has the direct x 11 and games are supporting it now and etc.

So it goes windows for gamer

macs for school work and other work related shit, but now steam has a bunch of games that work on mac so also casual gamer

linux for and etc stuff.