ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Suggestions for Toribash Next
I'm aware that many of these suggestion require quite a bit of effort to implement, but I'm sure that many current and future players will appreciate at least most of these suggestions.

Single Player Challenge mode
"Missions","Challenges" whatever you want to call it, it's been mentioned here a few times. I want to share my Idea of what I think a good version of this concept is provided with examples.
Present a list of challenges for users to complete within a limited amount of frames to earn rewards(achievements?). Each category of challenges increase in difficulty with completion. These challenges should be designed to enhance player's skill levels as well as to present mods to try out in multiplayer . Here are a few examples that I can think of at the top of my head:
  • Put the user in a disadvantaged situation where they are close to being disqualified. Give uke specific actions to perform to make the situation harder for the player. If the user can survive by the end of the frame limit they advance to the next difficulty.
  • An obstacle course challenge where users can advance to the next difficulty by reaching the end of the course within the frame limit.
  • If the user can perform a particular trick on a skateboard within the frame limit, advance to the next difficulty.
  • If players can complete a racing track course in a motor vehicle mod, advance to the next difficulty.

Mod Object Presets
I'm not very familiar with the mod making element in Toribash so forgive me if something like this already exists: Include pre-existing objects that users can simply add and modify when creating a mod. i.e Lava, Ice etc. An alternative to this would to give players the ability to categories their created object to have the properties of that particular category.

Mod Textures
A continuation from my previous suggestion: Have Textures for these presets/categories instead of relying on us(the user) to assume it's properties by color. And/or Give users the ability to texture aspects of their own mod.

Joint/Body Materials
I haven't really thought this one out as much as the others but I think a cool idea would be to have new purchase-able items in the store that change aspects of a Joints/Body material e.i cel shading material, glass material, metallic materiel, matte material.

Reduce Website Dependency
I think the frequency in which players are required to access the website for particular features give players less incentive do to so. Although ingame inventory and ingame trading is a good step in the right direction, more should be done to reduce the need for players to rely on features that only exist on the website. Things like ranking leader boards, In-Game Broadcasting, and textures should all be accessible within the client.

User Profiles
Accessible by searching or clicking on a players name ingame. Includes features like:
  • Profile icons that are unlock-able via achievements
  • Current and previous season rankings.
  • Match History
  • User's win percentage
  • User's most played mod
  • User's decapitation count
  • User's most frequent body/joint to cause disqualification.

Invitations
An invite system within the client so that users can invite their friends (possibly through steam or contacts) to join their server.

User Interface
I consider the current client's default interface design to be boring and not very memorable at all. It honestly reminds me of something you'd expect from a crappy flash game. Obviously the new client will have a new design,but please make it something interesting and unique. I realize how broad and unhelpful this particular suggestion really is but I think it is important to note how necessary good UI design is.

Let me know what you think.
Last edited by Hagan; Aug 2, 2017 at 04:40 PM.