Ranking
Original Post
Teacher Kradel: Taekkyon
Teacher Kradel
Taekkyon

Before we start I would like to ask if these are actually helping anybody at all? I don't want to be creating these for no reason because then it's just a waste of time.

Taekkyon is a mod I will always love because of its bullshit point system and the fact you could poke somebody and they would dismember. Though this means you can create badass replays of you ripping somebody in half! There are many Taekkyon professionals but I would say Larfen is number one. If you have seen his replays you will know how badass, fluid and powerful his replays look.

Lesson 1 (Basics): Lets start with the rules of Taekkyon. This mod has a 120 frames with 10 frames per turn. This means quick matches but a low chance of a comeback. One thing you may run into in Taekkyon is dismembering over the smallest of things. I try to avoid grabbing because your hand can easily dismember if you grab something though if you want to comeback grabbing will be crucial. Taekkyon has two moves which are used in pretty much every single game I have ever played or watched. It's either defensive move which involves you pretty much contracting one of your pectorals and reaching out to block what I would say is a suspected kick. Which leads me to the other move, kicking. There is a kick which has been named the 'split kick' and is called a noob move by everyone who has ever been beaten by it. Though Taekkyon is not like Aikido, the Taekkyon players are more accepting of any move you use. This mod has many lucky moments though if you are careful, they will have a less chance of happening. Remember: low chance of comeback, easy dismemberments, avoid grabbing when possible.

Lesson 2 (Starters & Power): You don't need a huge amount of power to get a dismemberment through a Taekkyon match though I do believe you do at the start of a match. You want to have a very powerful opener if you are attacking. If you are defending and your opponent is attacking with a powerful opener, grabbing their attacking body part will be difficult as it may result in your dismemberment. I like to open up with kicking openers because its easier to reach your opponent that way. You also don't want to leave yourself in a bad position because remember there are low frames. If you get dismembered at around 50 frames you are pretty much done for.

Lesson 3 (States & Training): While Taekkyon may depend on a good amount of luck, there is skill involved. The best way to train is by playing matches against tough opponents. Going against Uke isn't the most helpful thing because in Taekkyon, nobody will be standing still for you to beat them. Lets move onto the best state, I would advice you to relax if you are going in defensive because relaxing joints can avoid dismemberment. For attackers I recommend holding because this way you have more control on your offense.

[color=toxicgreen] Sorry but there will be no videos on this one. You can't really learn Taekkyon from videos, it's better to play matches to find out the style that fits you.
Last edited by Kradel; Aug 9, 2014 at 06:59 PM.
blue
pink
This is a nice tutorial! I don't usually play Taekkyon, but when I do I suck. When they kick, I like to grab onto their joints, it sometimes dismembers them. Next time I play, I'll be using this thread for tips ^^
ϵ( 'Θ' )϶
Thats nice to know I would like to wait for four more positive comments. I appreciate your comment though.
This series is awesome. I personally suck at most mods (apart from aikido which I'm ok at) and this series literally gives you everything you need from difficulty of dismemberment and fractures etc... Kradel do tplmod or greykido pl0x :3 I feel these mods are always compared to aikido/judo but they're extremely different play styles
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Updating the Taekkyon lessons (adding more). I will do greykido next. Thanks for the positive feedback.
Define Split-Kick for me, Kradel, because I only play Taekkyon and I've not once heard that move before. (If it's also referred to as the snap kick, I will disagree with you on a few reasons)
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
The Split-Kick is the move which is used to get a quick DM on your opponent within the first 30 frames. It mostly targets the chest or legs.
I find that a lot of people start off with an opener that has them positioned midair, that's when I just hit them while they're still busy looking fancy.
me when the when the when