Toribash
Original Post
User Control Panel & Subscriptions
For some reason there is a large influx of people both new and old to the forum that don't understand how to subscribe to Forums/Threads/Social-Groups and then use their "User Control Panel" to keep track of said subscriptions. A lot of people don't know about this easy way to keep track of everything for some reason so I figured I would make a quick Tutorial for newer and older members so that they can be aware of this feature and learn how to use it so that the forums will be a lot easier for them.

The first step to this process of making your life easier is finding a Forum/Thread/Social-Group that you wish to keep track of. Once you've found one the first thing you'll need to do is click on it to go to it, once you're there if you look towards the right hand corner of the page you'll see a section that says "Forum Tools, Thread Tools, or Group Tools" (Refer to Image 1), by clicking on this you will get a drop down menu with some options (Refer to Image 2).

Image 1

Image 2

By clicking on the option to subscribe you will be taken to a new screen (Refer to Image 3). On this screen there will be both a drop down menu and a button saying "Add Subscription", the button is to finalize your subscription, but before we do that lets talk about the drop down menu (Refer to Image 3). With this menu you have an extra option for you users that are REALLY into the forum a lot. With this menu you can select between a daily and weekly email notification, what this does is send an email your listed email for the account when someone post on one of the Forums/Threads/Social-Groups that you are subscribed to. By coupling this feature with your phone you can receive active updates on stuff you're interested in on the forum without needing to stalk it 24/7 (Props to Pouffywall for this idea).

Image 3

Now once you're done deciding if you want an email notification or not you can go ahead an hit the "Add Subscription" button and finalize your decision. Now you are subscribed to a Forum/Thread/Social-Group, so lets move on to the "User Control Panel" and see how these subscriptions will been seen.

First of if you don't know how to get to the user control panel then I'll show you real quick. After going to the Toribash website's main page and clicking on the forum tab like you usually do the interface of the page will change. Now you have these black bars towards the top of your screen with all of your options as a "logged-in user". In white text one of these options will read "User Control Panel" (Refer to Image 4), by simply clicking on this you will be taken to your own user control panel.

Image 4

Once clicking on the text labeled User Control Panel you will be taken there, for users without any subscriptions you won't really see anything special there, but for a user with a subscriptions it will look more fulfilled (Refer to Image 5). Now as you can see all of the Forums/Threads/Social-Groups that I'm subscribed to are displayed here and I can easily keep track of their activity. Also its important to note that Forums and Social Groups will always appear on here and will be lit up in bold when a new post is on it, but for threads they will only be visible on this list when they have a new post on them. If you wish to see all the threads you are subscribed to when they are not visible then you simply click the "View All Subscribed Threads" option at the bottom of your thread subscription list (Refer to Image 6).

Image 5

Image 6

Well thats about all you need to know for now to make your forum life easier to manage, if you have any further questions or would like to request something be added to this then simply post about it or PM me personally. With that I wish you all good luck on the forums!
Last edited by WorldEater; Oct 28, 2017 at 03:40 PM.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Okay Okay, I'll take off the centered text.

Thanks for the feedback.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •