Toribash
Most of these posts helped me, but one thing how much tc do you get in one game if you and only you bet? lets say i bet 5k, how much will i get if the person i bet on wins?
~The Age Of Gaming~
Originally Posted by ninjaballz
Most of these posts helped me, but one thing how much tc do you get in one game if you and only you bet? lets say i bet 5k, how much will i get if the person i bet on wins?

it dipens on how much tc betted on the other guy
you betted 5k on tori
others betted 1k on the other guy
u get a percintage of that not sure how much
so u get 5k+% of the counters
INB4 14 days ban
Scorpion I did include that before the first spoiler. Thanks for the info though. And the tc you get from betting when your hosting is still the same as when you arent hosting. The more the counter is on the opponent, the more you will get to your bet. But remember, you can only get up to x5 your bet. So if you bet 1k and there is like 10k on the enemy, you can only make up to 5k.

That is why some hosts cancelbets in instances like that, because the other 5k will be sunk and no one will get that tc.

Originally Posted by NINJABALLZ View Post

If you and ONLY you bets, then you win your 5k back. Someone has to counter your bet for you to make profit
I think the hardest in betting is awaiting when people will bet on that fighter which will lose.
Originally Posted by EmJake View Post
I think the hardest in betting is awaiting when people will bet on that fighter which will lose.

Yes sometimes that is a factor that servers struggle with, but sometimes you have to take the initiative and bet on them, even if you know they will lose. (Unless its something like a decap or dm, then its okay not to bet on them and just cancel the bets.)

A lot of the times, if you dont think anyone will bet on them, and someone bets big on the other player, its best to bet on the player you think will lose on the first couple of frames, because then people will see that you have faith in that player and you think they will win, so then they will bet on that player too. This will help even out the bets.

You should add a "What not to do" section..
This should include things such as:
-Do not nudge yourself for no reason
-Do not spam your own server with "Nudges are (x)tc to me"
-Try not to pause matches
-Having Real-time Ghosts On in betting servers (I see them as cheating in bets)
-Do not constantly /muteall for minor announcements
-Do not insult other players [As the host, you should lead by example]
-Try not to afk without a co-host

And things that make a host annoying and ruin betting servers.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Well a lot of that just seems like common sense really, so I didnt think about adding it.

Thanks for the tips. Considering I usually host tourneys, this would be a good way for me to learn more! ^_^ I will also be able give more now.

There are three ways to gain tc while hosting.
First, this way requires no effort at all. When you set /house <your name> You will automatically receive 10% of all lost bets. So if the person that loses has 10k bet on them, you will receive 1k in bet rakes.
Second, are the nudges. When someone pays you for a nudge, they will transfer the tc to your account via the shop, they should know how to do this, but you might need to tell them. Be sure to have the forums up on your transaction history so you can see when someones sends you nudge money, can be found here. TRANSACTION HISTORY.
Third, this would be betting. This one has a chance of you losing tc, but why host a betting server if you aren't willing to bet yourself! There isn't much fun without risks.

For the nudges, you should try explaining when to have 500tc-1000tc nudges. I would find an easy balance at 750tc in my opinion, but if it's not the right price, people tend to not buy them.

I hope my master idea help out. I don't read text that well, so...
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Well 10am gmt+2 is like 3am for americans. Americans make up alot of toribash. 6pm is like 10am for americans as well. Also, player count no longer judges how many players you will get. You dont know if its newbies from steam thats on or if theres high experienced betters on.

Only reason i could see why your servers failed, based on what you said, is the time.

Though i may be wrong, i dont host to often.