Toribash
Original Post
New market rule - "I was offered X amount in PM"
My suggestion would make it illegal to say someone offered you a deal without adding proof of said interaction. (Screenshots of the pm)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Though this might be helpful to validate offers, I feel this would be tedious and unnecessary. Some already ask for proof, but at the end of the day, the consumer will pay what he/she is comfortable with paying, there's never any obligation. While it is a form of deception on the seller's part if they lie about it, it is a marketing tactic after all. The ever so famous "buy low, sell high" ideology itself was built on taking advantage of an opportunity and exploiting it for your own benefit.
BAD LUCK
I agree with firebolty. It is marketing tactics 101, right up there with auctioneer tactics. Get two or more people in a back and forth offer war to determine who's the bigger man until the prices that people are offering is 25%+ what you paid for it. It's all brain games. If you've had trouble with people that use these tactics before, what you should do in the future is ask for the player's name or some sort of proof. If they deny you're request, simply ignore them. The point of the market is to sell items. Limiting the ability to sell items is against everything that the market stands for. The difference between a great marketeer and a bad one is the person's ability to persuade potential buyers. And without that, the market is a rundown clearance store.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
I'n my opinion it just leads to a bunch of useless posts back and forth till either proof is given or the interested party backs out. That's 3-4 posts that could be avoided with a single screenshot.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by meow View Post
I'n my opinion it just leads to a bunch of useless posts back and forth till either proof is given or the interested party backs out. That's 3-4 posts that could be avoided with a single screenshot.

That can also mean 3-4 posts of people still asking for proof, + 1 from a moderator asking him to comply. It seems a bit nonsensical, from the sellers standpoint, to be required to screenshot evidence of every claim they make, even if it did develop as a rule. The offers people make are of their own accord. I'd say it's fine the way it is right now.
BAD LUCK
When people ask me for proof i tell them to get lost from my thread or keep biding. I won't make screen upload it and post it to make somebody satisfied...
If u want to keep bidding u should just keep bidding...
If i would do such tactic to fake bids in pm i'd pm my main from my alt witch would be in acordance with the rules
Who cares if the offer is real. If u still like the price u bid more, if u don't you don't bid and that;s it. For the seller if he makes false bids he will just get stuck with the item for more time.

UUUUU FIREBOLTY's back
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Sometimes if I'm in lover with something, I tend to over bid and end up with and overpaid for item. Seeing that someone else is bidding on it gives me confidence that I'm doing the right price. That is why I ask for evidence, however I still don't think it should be required to prove that they offered you that much
Tree
Lying to people to drive up prices doesn't sit right with me personally.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by meow View Post
My suggestion would make it illegal to say someone offered you a deal without adding proof of said interaction. (Screenshots of the pm)

Honestly, I am glad this is legal. Buyers say the same thing "I bought this before for way less". Sellers are not the only people trying to trick people its the same for the buyers too.

It evens itself out in my opinion.
Hmm.. It's unnecessary tbh and I think you should take the seller word, if you don't believe the seller don't buy simple as that
#INIT2WINIT