ES Recruitment Drive
Don't want to derail this thread so I will send you a PM.

In any case, I think that the admins are doing a fine job. The one thing that bugs me occasionally is their activity or the time it takes to get round to things, but that's understandable given they have lives.
note: due to the overall post quality within the thread I've went ahead and moved it to the Off-Topic board.
hey that's good i didn't want to post in a discussion thread, thanks creati0n

i'm not gonna read the other pages so forgive me if most of this was said before.

judging admin quality by the amount of reports they get is pretty dumb, considering the average toribash user that actually uses the staff complains board.

most of what admins do is behind the scene stuff. you can't even see most of the stuff they're doing, whether it be in the many many hidden staff boards or in the control panel.

admins are there to be the near final word and don't deal with users as often as other staff groups, so a lot of them tend to be anti social dead souls that see users as tiny shouting boxes, so you'll have to give them some slack if they aren't nice when they send you to oblivion.

hi

-washed up admin ishi

[T]
#hi

Originally Posted by ishi View Post
admins are there to be the near final word and don't deal with users as often as other staff groups, so a lot of them tend to be anti social dead souls that see users as tiny shouting boxes, so you'll have to give them some slack if they aren't nice when they send you to oblivion.

Mhm. It possible to be a nice person and also be a good admin. We've had them before.

We need more people like Bodhisattva (who always treats everyone he deals with with respect), and less people like the 'too cool for school' admins (not naming any names, they know who they are) that treat almost every interaction with users like they're some offensive smell. Basically, admins ought to be less arrogant and more magnanimous. Admins need not be cunty people.
Last edited by Ele; Sep 25, 2017 at 06:12 AM.
I do feel sometimes that every staff complaint gets argued to the point of retardation. The person will pu out a complaint on a staff member then like 10 staff members all gang up and say things like evidence is irrelevant and basically say that they did nothibg wrong even though the evidence provided shows the staff to be pretty douchey. Yet everything gets ignored cuz staff complaints will never work because its handled by.. Well... Staff.
Reta is the worst admin smh.

breaking the threaddd

The rule is stating that something falsely listed as something it isn't is considered fraud. However, he removed my items that aren't available to buy unless you have something like a ridiculous 1mil QI (but the items are not mislabeled and do actually give what is listed if bought).

This rule was put in place to stop people from putting Set: items on the market that were named incorrectly in order to trick some people into purchasing them.
Not to mention, the link he linked me so I could refer to the market rules is an incorrect link.

Incorrect link given to me for Market Rules;
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=239340

The Correct Link for the Market Rules;
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=594181

For Example;
Someone has a Full Orc that they opened and decided to put all the items inside a set. They name this "Set:", "Full Demon" and then list it on the market for a ridiculous price for the actual contents which is the Full Orc.

These new admins need to learn how to actually enforce rules correctly smh.
LOvE U ReTa BuT Do Ur Job RiGHt PlS.

RemEmbUr whO heLpd with Ur SmOD ApP in The FIrsT plAce

(automated msgs that aren't even updated hence the broken/wrong link to Market Rules, shows laziness of devs/staff or Toribash tbh)
Last edited by Arctic; Sep 28, 2017 at 07:51 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Mhm. It possible to be a nice person and also be a good admin. We've had them before.

We need more people like Bodhisattva (who always treats everyone he deals with with respect), and less people like the 'too cool for school' admins (not naming any names, they know who they are) that treat almost every interaction with users like they're some offensive smell. Basically, admins ought to be less arrogant and more magnanimous. Admins need not be cunty people.

Well in fairness, I've had to eat a ton of humble pie after being such a shitty staff member for like... 5 or 6 years before I grew up as a person IRL. The amount of completely legit (and fire-worthy) complaints posed on me at different points of my TB Staff Career is bountiful.

And I'm still far from as mature as I'd like to be.

But here's a few things I'll say, without leaking any private information that hasn't been discussed in this thread by current and past admins:

1) There's an assumption that staff mindlessly defend staff, and that's super not true. When a staff member of your own group does something dumb, it makes you look dumb for hiring them, so it's the last thing you want to see. I promise you, many private staff conversations start with "Hey [random staff member] wtf is this [links to complaint]" and if it's legitimate, it's handled. Sometimes it's a misunderstanding, sometimes it's a warning that deserves an apology and puts them on thinner ice, sometimes it's people getting fired/demoted/failing trial periods. That's just on staff complaint side.

2) There's an assumption that when any idea pops into a high staff head, it just sort of happens without thought. Generally speaking, a staff representative talks to their subordinates and fleshes out the jist of what they think could be done to improve something, then they present it to smods and admins, and then the much more mature older staff such as skulfuk and suomynona say "Hey that's retarded and here's why" or "Hey, someone tried that 4 years ago, and here's why it didn't work, so let's try this instead" or "Neat yeah I'll add that when I get home". Any one of us who have been an admin, or even a ninja, will tell you that just because you think an idea is awesome, doesn't mean skulfuk and suo won't make you look like an idiot in telling you how bad the idea is. And that's not them being jerks, they are just a lot smarter, qualified, and know better.

3) This staff is BY FAR the least controversial staff we've had in a very very long time. We practically begged them to make Creati0n the msquad admin despite Skul's great job. There's not a single Clan Squad member close to deserving as Rai for the position once Fear left. I mean really, it's been incredible. Very very little drama. There were times that nepotism was king but man backstage it really is neutral as shit. Sometimes low staff calls out upper staff to say "Hey, your opinion on this guy is dead wrong. I know him personally, I like this application, we should hire him". It's not just "let's suck the tit of the queens of higher power" like it used to be. People who work longer hours get rewarded.

4) It'll never be beating a dead horse to mention that 99% of staff are volunteers. Some of us have graduated college, work careers, maybe have a wife, and even have kids. For us/them to show up for 30 minutes here and there to clean up the messes of a small indie game and make the experience fun for people is admirable.

I love this staff. TB rocks.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
I do feel sometimes that every staff complaint gets argued to the point of retardation. The person will pu out a complaint on a staff member then like 10 staff members all gang up and say things like evidence is irrelevant and basically say that they did nothibg wrong even though the evidence provided shows the staff to be pretty douchey. Yet everything gets ignored cuz staff complaints will never work because its handled by.. Well... Staff.

who should handle staff complaints then? cases are usually discussed and analyzed by higher staff, then we reply to the complaint with a verdict. if someone messes up, then they'll be talked to or punished with a ban, demotion, whatever - if necessary.

saying they never work is just incorrect. when i told woeb to kill himself and he complained, i knew i was wrong. faint talked to me about that anyway and i can assure you that i didnt tell anyone to catch the bus after that (in tb at least).
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
But when you PM a staff and don't even reply you back, not even a simple reply. I like that, good one.

Professional Graphic Designer
Former [Crooks]
Leader | [TA] Member | Ex-[Latin] member
[Mexican] Player |Fan Club
nice jab

we do reply when we have time and when people actually have an issue that they need help with. i wouldn't say that's the thread's topic anyway, don't derail it.
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???