Ranking
Original Post
Thoughts on Birthdays
I turned 18 today, and for about a week i have been trying to prepare myself for this day. If you have grown up on films/Tv you know shows like sweet sixteen really can make you envious of some peoples celebrations but i didn't expect anything like what you see on those shows, all i wanted was to feel appreciated whether it was genuine appreciation or not it doesn't matter. I don't really see turning 18 as a big deal but in the UK it is traditionally a grand event. I am a very friendly confident guy with a number of "Friends", but on the day when someone who you reminded your birthday was coming up a couple of days ago, and they forget it really doesn't feel great. I have a huge family of 4 brothers, 3 sisters, a mum and dad, so there is a large number of birthdays to remember so i understand why people may forget in my family but when only 1 person in your whole family remembers its your birthday, i begin to feel a little depressed and unimportant. The other 364 days of the year im fine, i have plenty of great memorable moments that is why i really do not like my Birthday. I wish birthdays weren't to celebrate the person who was born but instead to celebrate the giving of birth, a day for mothers.
Today went okay, but i have had much worst birthdays.

What do you like and don't like about your Birthday?
Disagree or Agree?

Sorry for being a sob, but i really am a cheerful and fun to be around guy, i am also a realist at most times and a tad pessimistic.
Last edited by 26th; Jun 26, 2014 at 09:46 PM.
Congratulations pal<3

It's cute how you're suggesting a twist for the main role on birthdays, but mothers enjoy setting
milestones on their kids growthprogress. Go through your old photoalbums at home and look
at the old birthdaypictures with your mother, take note of her facial expressions. In most
cases you can observe how proud she is of you.

Never liked being the center of attention, so I've never really liked birthdayparties. Stopped
having them at the age of 13 I think. On the other end I love material goods and accept
any manner of gifts.
"Yes, I am, in fact, inferior to McDill"
-B3st3v3r
Dont worry i got a temporary high from the Money i received, but as i accept it, i feel bought out. Life is emotionally confusing.
Birthday's seem dumb.
They make me cringe.

but I can understand what mcDill said about your mother being happy and what not.
But what if you re an adult(mother is long gone//dead) why should you care about your birthday.
It's just another reason to realize human mortality.
damn im gettin old
Birthdays are cool. Give breaks from real life. Only if you got a family
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.