Toribash
Original Post
My Pc has 2 graphics cards! How to make them work together!
So, to make this as short as posible.
I got this Laptop from a friend its a Lenovo y500 and he added another Graphicscard by removeing the cd driver.
So I have 2 nvidia GeForce GT650M sound cool huh? well not really.
I was expecting them to work together as a single Powerful Graphicscard but they dont.
So my question is can I trick my laptop somehow to make them work together on the same game?

cause right now for exaple I can run LoL on one graphicscard and CsGo on the other but thats not very helpfull since I wont play both games at the same time

Some help? Much appreciated!

(and no im not good at computers at all so if u have a solution pls explain it as good as u can XD Ty!! )
Last edited by xTsCx; Nov 25, 2016 at 01:14 AM.
Use code ZOMBIE in the fornite itemshop
To use both prod the Nvidia control panel and enable SLI, though you'll not get as big a boost as you expect, probably only around 30 - 40%

*EDIT*

Seems you need a bigger PSU to do it, the normal one (120w) apparently doesn't have enough juice. Gotta make sure it's a 170w one or it'll refuse to work. It'll also disable it when it's running on battery.

/moved thread to a better place.
Last edited by SkulFuk; Nov 25, 2016 at 01:26 AM.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
It is enabled. any other tricks? and yeah disableing it did not make a huge diffrence ... sad
Read the edit I made to the previous post about the power supply...

the Lenovo board is full of people that got caught out by it.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Sry did not realize there is a better place for the thread Ups
Ok si I checked my PSU and indeed its a 170w one (he probably changed it)
So there is nothing els I can do?

If not. would it help to run my screen on one Card and My games on the other one? if yes how do I do that cause right now the first app I open is on the same GraphicsCard as my monitor :-s
-----
--------
Edit: this is what I meen

and Yes my laptop is pluged it, It feels like such a waste to have that first GT Inactive
Last edited by xTsCx; Nov 25, 2016 at 01:39 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump