ES Recruitment Drive
No matter what way you look at it,
It's wrong.
Hitting your child isn't the way to show them what's right or wrong.
Spanking isn't as bad as some other cases but still abuserd.
Maybe try sitting down and talking to your child?
What ever is best for them. Personally, if I had a son who disrespected me or talked to me the way people do here in toribash, i'd beat him a little. Still want whats best for him. Ya know, this thread is just seeing if laws are gay or not. :<
-----
Originally Posted by Razer73 View Post
No matter what way you look at it,
It's wrong.
Hitting your child isn't the way to show them what's right or wrong.
Spanking isn't as bad as some other cases but still abuserd.
Maybe try sitting down and talking to your child?

Children need discipline. If you don't want to beat em, make em work or threatin to not get parent support in return. You know, quit feeding, etc. Take things away, but jesus, don't think talking to a child will do anything.
-----
Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
Except it doesn't work. It generally brings up adults who have anger management problems, loose tempers, no judgement, over-reactions and it just goes on and on. Beatings induce fear, that fear will probably one day lead to one of two outcomes:
1. Built-up anger that will eventually and most probably lead to some sort of anger management problems.
2. Wusses who don't take charge of anything because they're afraid if they do anything they'll get beaten.
Naturally there are exceptions, but soooooo many people I know born pre-1980 have so many anger management problems or they don't take charge, won't try new things, won't do anything they aren't sure they can't do 100% right. To sum it up; they're a big blubbering mess of people, they're p miserable, and it's sad. Again, it's not everyone, but it's a damn large number of them.

Have you not noticed that a lot of kids now a days aren't being beaten as they're raised up, but rather they're told that something is wrong to do or something reasonable, and they're treated more like actual human beings and less like animals. They have way less problems and shit to worry about then the other kids whose parents still just beat them if they do anything wrong.
If you can actually sit there and say that you still believe the BEST POSSIBLE solution to disciplining a child is to beat them and make them fearful and not give a single shit about the outcomes that will have on that child's health or mental state, then that's pretty fucking inhuman. That's like kicking an untrained dog to deathfor peeing on your carpet.

Hatter has it right, it's sad that his post went ignored, there's some downright gold in there on how to raise kids.

No. Children are losing it. Children are loads of **** if you like it or not. They aren't people yet. There brains aren't developed. If a child speaks wrongly, it lowers standards and makes it seem ok. It's not.

Wusses: Did you know my uncle was beat every day and grew up on an indian reservation? Do you know how horribly abusive could feel? He is now a chief petty officer in the navy and yells at people for a living.

The easiest solution is discipline. Beating is the up most easiest. Guess what? It worked for my childhood.
Last edited by Link; Oct 21, 2014 at 05:39 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
How do you explain that what you're saying completely contradict statistics?
PM me with any and all questions
Originally Posted by -Link View Post
Wusses: Did you know my uncle was beat every day and grew up on an indian reservation? Do you know how horribly abusive could feel? He is now a chief petty officer in the navy and yells at people for a living.

do you think this is a good thing?
f=m*a syens
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
do you think this is a good thing?

I was proving my point that being beaten doesn't make you a wuss. The stuff works.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
The easiest solution is discipline. Beating is the up most easiest. Guess what? It worked for my childhood.

When we're deciding how to raise our children do you think our standard of measure should be easiness? Or do you think, when dealing with something this important, we should be looking for the best solution? A solution that's fits into our 21st century ethics, at least.
No. Children are losing it. Children are loads of **** if you like it or not. They aren't people yet. There brains aren't developed.

Yeah, so let's just beat the shit out of them! What idiots, they obviously should have known better. I say, fuck actual lectures and simply teaching them verbally, my two fists speak louder than words!

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
Like it or not, the "punishments" parents use nowadays aren't cutting it. Taking stuff away, time outs, they don't do shit. When you do something wrong, you need to expect to be actually punished. Taking away Xbox privileges isn't a punishment. It's just a taste of what their grandparents had. It doesn't teach them that what they did is wrong. For the minor stuff, like accidentally breaking a vase, yes. Sitting down and talking about it is just fine. But when the child steals toys, swears, or brags about being a "MLG kush 420 noscopes gangsta", physical pain is the only way to get through to them.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
What ever is best for them. Personally, if I had a son who disrespected me or talked to me the way people do here in toribash, i'd beat him a little. Still want whats best for him. Ya know, this thread is just seeing if laws are gay or not. :<
-----

Children need discipline. If you don't want to beat em, make em work or threatin to not get parent support in return. You know, quit feeding, etc. Take things away, but jesus, don't think talking to a child will do anything.
-----

No. Children are losing it. Children are loads of **** if you like it or not. They aren't people yet. There brains aren't developed. If a child speaks wrongly, it lowers standards and makes it seem ok. It's not.

You must be a native and if so, you must know of the current state of our peoples because of abuse and lack of parenting, A reserve is one of the worst places for us to grow up because we get abused, and alcohol and drugs are easy to get. This abuse because us ourselves don't know how to talk to children like our Ancestors is messed up. Just because you're uncle one out of probably 8 brothers did something with their lives does t mean other natives can do it too. The easiest thing to do is run away get high and pregnant.

And your views are quite skewed so I'm not sure how well abuse worked for you because I hardly worked for me. I grew up pissed off, my thoughts and the things I did weren't pretty.
Not all children that get beatings as punishment turn out the same. Every child is different. Some rebel, some learn from it. Same goes for parents who believe talking to them instead of beating is a good option. Those children could either respect or take advantage of their parents due to how they comprehend the situation. From my experience, I've encountered strict parents, the types where they would yell at the kid, pull their ears in the middle of the grocery store, to the parents that let their kids throw a tantrum and do the "ignore" treatment. I've seen a lady walk up to a mother and called her a "bad mother" for ignoring her child in a grocery store, (mind this kid looked like 4-5years old) sitting on the ground throwing a tantrum like a spoiled brat. Most kids just want attention. That's all it is. Some kids only see their dads when they get in trouble and get scoldings from him, so in return to get their dads attention they act up so he could go and talk to them. Parents should find what disciplinary action is best for their child because like I said earlier, all children are different.