ES Recruitment Drive
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
The Showcase — Revamp
Let's take a quick look at this thread: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=362682

I've got to admit, I think it's an incredibly awesome concept. It was created specifically to recognize super awesome art created by super awesome people—that's pretty freaking awesome.

Unfortunately, the thread seems to have died off (more like it died soon after it was born), but I was wondering, why would something like this not exist within our community? It's something that simply makes players feel good about themselves; not only are artists receiving recognition for a totally awesome piece of art that they created, but they're being immortalized in a thread for everyone in the community to see for years to come. THAT, my friends, is called spreading joy within a community of friends and people, and THAT, my people, is called the widespread of positivity.

Presumably we'll need a select group of volunteers to participate in this selection of art—be it the current art moderators or a group of people selected by an application process—or we can just leave it to a voting process of the people of the community. It honestly doesn't matter.

But come on guys, this would be super freaking awesome to have back in the community. And who knows, maybe we'll see a booming art industry after bringing this back, eh?

Leave any comments and suggestions down below; I would be more than happy to add them onto the thread!

**NOTE: This thread was created to have staff involvement with the revamp. I realized after creating the thread, why not have a monthly competition hosted by the Event Squad team for people to produce the best textures/videos/freestyle art? They could then be immortalized in some Hall of Glory-like thread for people to glorify over their art. A pretty vague suggestion, sure, but there's more than one way to implement this back into the community. Let's see it happen!

List of awesome feedback from awesome people:

yay

Last edited by Creati0n; Mar 23, 2017 at 08:55 PM. Reason: made a list of super awesome feedback