Ranking
Originally Posted by Melmoth View Post
I really hope that they'll be fixed : I have written a lua module (and some plugins) to help people making atmospheres, but 50% of the functions are useless because of the lines and triangles glitch.

To figure out how it will be simple to develop an atmospheres with Atmo 3.0, I show you the code of the future version of Winter Night :
require "atmo"
atmo.init()
-- -----------

atmo.set_non_shader_sky_color(0, 0, 0.2)
atmo.set_non_shader_floor_color(2,2,2)
atmo.set_non_shader_sun(1,1,1,0.11,0.25,40,10)
atmo.add_snow(250,0.1,0.2,100,{1,1,1,1})
atmo.add_mountains_around(1)

-- -----------
add_hook("draw3d", "atmo", atmo.draw_atmo)
But no one has replied my thread in "Support", and Blam seems to be quite inactive...

Ah, that seems fairly simple. Can't wait. :D
Until then, though, I might have to try it without such useful functions.
As for the glitch... I'm sorry, I have no idea.
Not many people make lua scripts anymore... Not for Toribash, anyway.
Ive been waiting for this for so long , now all the video makers are going to have atmospheres to play with again Good job bud .

One question tho , how difficult is it to make astomshperes ? is it like worldbuilder at all ? Is there a tutorial some where ? I may try my hands at creating some .
I haven't made a "worldbuilder for atmospheres" yet, so you have to write the lua code by yourself. The 3D objects are drawn by using :
- draw_sphere(x, y, z, size)
- draw_box(x, y, z, size_x, size_y, size_z, rot_x, rot_y, rot_z)
- draw_capsule( x, y, z, size_w, size_h, rot_x, rot_y, rot_z)

It sometimes takes very long time to make an atmosphere, and sometimes, you need some skills in maths (example : the dojo ring in Dojo ones, or the fireflies trajectory in Dark Forest). But it's not technically very difficult.

With atmospheres 3.0 it will be a lot easier.
BTW, thanks for your interest !
This is the greatest script i've ever seen on toribash, this could really make major updates of the game in the future. Uke also thanks you for giving him a peaceful death with the nice scenery for when i go motorbike crazy on him.

See? He's enjoying his underwater view.
Keep up the good work! ^_^
wow man i saw yo uswimming and shit and i saw those planets does this alter things such as gravity or anything? movements in the game or anything? also this is badass cos if i had those planets and a fucking space station me and all my space buddies CozmoNaut and TeikoNaut could have fun in space :P that would be like a dream come true i really want this!!!!!!!!!!!1
Nope, atmospheres are just scenery. No interactions between the toris and the addtional objetcs, no collision, no change in gameplay, gravity or whatever. But you can change the gravity by yourself in the game rules if you want to.
Originally Posted by Muxer View Post
What about the gravity? is it different

Originally Posted by Melmoth View Post
Nope, atmospheres are just scenery. No interactions between the toris and the addtional objetcs, no collision, no change in gameplay, gravity or whatever. But you can change the gravity by yourself in the game rules if you want to.

It can be done. The collusions are some work and it propably won't work with replays but for gameplay it's possible. If there's interest I might try it.
Signature temporarily out of order.