Ranking
You either help or hurt Toribash when you make a decision like this. The question becomes do, as a community, we feel that some clans are too important to destroy no matter the inactivity. We are not Clan Mods, we do not actually have a say, but we do have an opinion and I think it's worth sharing it on this subject.

I don't know where the line is. I can say I'm very comfortable with [bncy] getting deleted because despite me associating that clan with the likes of Ishi and War_Hero, they aren't impacting the community anymore. They aren't entering events, they aren't logging onto Toribash, they aren't using the forums, they aren't using their board.

But then look at the extreme contrast from [bncy] to [RAWR]. RAWR does enter events, they are in Clan League every year. RAWR does have active forum members, I can't go a day without reading something written by BenDover. RAWR does still impact the community, people actually play Toribash explicitly because of work Nuthug's done. To me, all of that, combined with the amount of hours the members of RAWR have put in at one point or another making Toribash a better place whether it be as role models or as staff members is enough to not touch the clan. It's the reason a clan like MAD exists.

The juice has to be worth the squeeze. I don't think the "juice" here being we get to free up an official clan spot (which are limitless from what I can tell) is worth the "squeeze" of disbanding clans with friendships that have lasted longer than most people's time here in Toribash.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
You either help or hurt Toribash when you make a decision like this. The question becomes do, as a community, we feel that some clans are too important to destroy no matter the inactivity. We are not Clan Mods, we do not actually have a say, but we do have an opinion and I think it's worth sharing it on this subject.

I don't know where the line is. I can say I'm very comfortable with [bncy] getting deleted because despite me associating that clan with the likes of Ishi and War_Hero, they aren't impacting the community anymore. They aren't entering events, they aren't logging onto Toribash, they aren't using the forums, they aren't using their board.

But then look at the extreme contrast from [bncy] to [RAWR]. RAWR does enter events, they are in Clan League every year. RAWR does have active forum members, I can't go a day without reading something written by BenDover. RAWR does still impact the community, people actually play Toribash explicitly because of work Nuthug's done. To me, all of that, combined with the amount of hours the members of RAWR have put in at one point or another making Toribash a better place whether it be as role models or as staff members is enough to not touch the clan. It's the reason a clan like MAD exists.

The juice has to be worth the squeeze. I don't think the "juice" here being we get to free up an official clan spot (which are limitless from what I can tell) is worth the "squeeze" of disbanding clans with friendships that have lasted longer than most people's time here in Toribash.

Well said.

As I see it, removing clans as old as these serves no purpose.
If it was me in an 6-8 year old clan getting closed, I wouldn't just pick it up from the beginning again and go join some other clan with people I don't know.
There's no reason to. I'd just be done with Toribash. The argument that there needs to be room made for newer clans just doesn't hold it at all.

I think the few extremely old clans, such as RAWR and MAD are important as they are. It's what motivated me when I was new, I told myself I'd work my way up to that legendary clan. I'm very sure that I'm not alone in having felt this way, and just that the clan motivates people to play more by simply existing and taking part in events when possible is a good reason for why it should stay.
Compare it to any other clan and there's a pretty clear difference.

Perhaps there's a need for a Legendary status among clans, just as they did for individual people?
In other words, forgive them a bit for their inactivity on their own board, since they have done and still do so much for the community.

I'd also like to point out that the clan-board of the "clan butcherer" seems to be just as inactive as RAWR's clan-board, yet nothing is said. Perhaps it will be removed shortly as well, no?
Last edited by Hattersin; Apr 19, 2015 at 09:41 PM.
PM me with any and all questions
Do we remove historical monuments because they are old??
Then why should we remove clans just because they aren't as active as they used to be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
Do we remove historical monuments because they are old??
Then why should we remove clans just because they aren't as active as they used to be.

A momunment is a trace of something that existed, which is why the dead clans board is there.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
keep in mind that this thread is not just about removing RAWR, these are regarding activity checks on all clans based on ingame, forum and clan activities.

i am not against removing dead wastes of space, however, in our case, i dont feel this is justified.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
are they really removing RAWR? then why is MAD still a thing?

If MAD was removed, hampa can just go and re-add the clan back. There is no point in getting rid of it.

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
It's simply not, morally right. This has happened to UrbanUnit as well. These clans are full of veteran players who shaped the clan community in a way. Most holding legendary players, who're all mature and well molded into the community.

What I don't quite understand is the particular forcus on some particular clans. Has MAD been given checks? Or any other old, inactive clans that are well in need or checks? It's like, a principle. Whether the old, historical clans are as active as full lively clans such as wapow, it doesn't quite give CMs the authority to chop away pieces of the community..

Of course, they're doing their job. their are rules to follow and although those rules are sometimes heinous, they should be bent a bit in a way for these clans. to me, it just seems wrong.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Originally Posted by Liquidoom View Post
A momunment is a trace of something that existed, which is why the dead clans board is there.

No one I have ever asked looks at the dead clans board. A lot don't even know it exists.
A better word for monument would be something else idk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
I talked to Gynx about it when Evil got a notice as well, and he seemed pretty adamant about this being the right way to go. I hope a lot of people disagree with him because he seemed to not think that would be the case, and I think if a lot of people disagreed with his decision he'd reconsider it.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
It's simply not, morally right. This has happened to UrbanUnit as well. These clans are full of veteran players who shaped the clan community in a way. Most holding legendary players, who're all mature and well molded into the community.

What I don't quite understand is the particular forcus on some particular clans. Has MAD been given checks? Or any other old, inactive clans that are well in need or checks? It's like, a principle. Whether the old, historical clans are as active as full lively clans such as wapow, it doesn't quite give CMs the authority to chop away pieces of the community..

Of course, they're doing their job. their are rules to follow and although those rules are sometimes heinous, they should be bent a bit in a way for these clans. to me, it just seems wrong.

What's the purpose of giving MAD checks? It's just a symbolic clan,every body knows they're inactive.(public side)

But yeah i disagree with Gynx.
Jolly got a warning too btw.

You should delete the death clans not the one that post "sometimes".

Everybody has something to do and you can't expect from a 2008-2009 clan to post everyday,i mean,we're not robots.

As far as a clan reply to applications and chat from time to time isn't a death one. What's the purpose of removing clans that survived for years?