Toribash
Once I heard of a pretty silly law. I think it was in the UK. If you attempt to suicide, the government will finish you. Pretty stupid law if you ask me but as I see it the law is to help those who lives in the pain and just wants it to end.

No there is no such law in the UK nor has there ever been.
Infact attempting suicide is against the law in the UK , if your not successful it just causes a whole load of trouble involving police and mental health teams.
Go check my myspace myspace.com/tatookerryx
http://naked-ladies.on.toribash.com
just put people having just enough issues to make them rather end their lives than living under more pressure. "if you fuck up, you might get thrown into a facility, better make this one count".
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [[email protected]] [Quit:]
It depends on the circumstances. A buddy of mine hung himself from a billboard a handful of years back, leaving behind a kid. Nobody really knows why he did it, and honestly it was a pretty shitty thing to do. Hunter Thompson shot himself because he didn't want to go through being too old to wipe his own ass, he had been saying he would do it for years, then he did, then he had his remains shot from a cannon

I can respect that and honestly think it is pretty damn badass.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by Zayex View Post
w-w-w-w-what don't kill meh... can only make me stronguh....

In my opinion, there are two types of suicide:

1) the cowards way out. Simulation: Terry has no friends, and his parents are at work all day and night. Terry isn't attractive, isn't athletic, and isn't cool. He spends his life on his computer, playing WoW all day and night. One day, his computer crashes for good. Terry commits suicide.

Another example: John is facing a hard breakup, he then has to meet his ex girlfriend at a park, he panicks, and kills himself.

That is the way of a no balls loser.

2) The honorable death. Simulation: "Go Go Go!!! Hurry, we need to get out of here! the zombies' are coming!" "crap! the detonator won't blow!" "I'll blow it manualy, just get everyone outa here!" *BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!*

*Here lies Arthur, brave soldier who gave his life for his squad. He shall be remembered.*

Just because you're ugly, or a nerd doesn't mean you have to kill yourself. How would you feel if you were a kid in St. Judes' hospital? You don't see those kids commiting suicide, or cutting themselves, or even going goth/emo.

Life is a highway, you can either get on it, or don't take it. but once you're on the road, you can't just pullover. (The heaven cops will have your ass.)

Life is a challenge, either face it, or get the fuck out before you're born.

Life is not a challenge, life is an experience.
If you can't enjoy it at all due a variety of factors than you may well contemplate ending it.

Oh, I like how nobody here realizes that depression is in fact a mental illness that makes you sad enough to contemplate suicide.

"Hurr durr they're just cowards or bitching." No, they aren't, educate yourself or get out of this thread.
Last edited by Boredpayne; Jan 30, 2011 at 05:20 PM.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
in my experience there are two suicides there is the legitimate attempt at ones own life for example shooting yourself in the head.
my uncle lost his wife, mother, father, and his son on the same day to a head on collision.
a day later he was found in a bathtub with a shotgun and a hole in the back of his head.

then there is the emo attention seeking cut themselves then tell there friends, take pills then tell there parents sort of junk.
this is in no way an attempt at ones own life it is merely a cry for help.
i was at one point in my quite like this, i got over it by changing my outlook on the world from the emo logic, life is a challenge to see how long you can keep going, to a more relaxed approach.
it blew my mind how enjoyable it was to just take a walk through a trail and enjoy the weather.
soon after life started swinging in the other direction, i got a job, a girlfriend, got my grades up.
Last edited by Orion; Jan 30, 2011 at 05:41 PM.
Free Pv2Caribou
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
Life is not a challenge, life is an experience.
If you can't enjoy it at all due a variety of factors than you may well contemplate ending it.

Oh, I like how nobody here realizes that depression is in fact a mental illness that makes you sad enough to contemplate suicide.

"Hurr durr they're just cowards or bitching." No, they aren't, educate yourself or get out of this thread.

First of all, life is a challenge, and the more challenges you complete/problems you solve, the more experience you get.

Also there is medicine for depression. Nor has anyone mentioned it in any of the examples, so you assumed that it was a factor in every example, which it most likely wasn't.

And don't go around saying that type of stuff, when you don't think things through.
In my opinion, everyone has their physical and mental limits. In some of the third world countries, the peoples limits, are much greater, since they have been raised in such hard times. They are kind of, used to it. Whereas others, who have had a great life so far, and then everything starts to go wrong, (ie: Parents die, friends leave, etc.) And their limits are much less. They reach their limit, and they can't take it anymore, so they commit suicide. That's why people in the states suicide much more tha people in iran.
League of Legends NA: Locus
Originally Posted by Cloneone1 View Post
First of all, life is a challenge, and the more challenges you complete/problems you solve, the more experience you get.

Also there is medicine for depression. Nor has anyone mentioned it in any of the examples, so you assumed that it was a factor in every example, which it most likely wasn't.

And don't go around saying that type of stuff, when you don't think things through.

Life is not a challenge. Viewing life as a challenge is stupid. People do not "quit" life because it is "too hard" for them. That is a juvenile and elitist viewpoint. Life remains an experience, one that may be filled with challenges, but should also be filled with rewards and enjoyable experiences.

And actually yes, a vast majority of suicides have depression, but it's not exactly easily diagnosed if you just go in for a physical every six months.

Don't tell me to think things through when all you did was say "urrong."
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
"First of all, life is a challenge, and the more challenges you complete/problems you solve, the more experience you get."

i disagree with this sentiment. i assume you are using challenge to mean: a difficult or demanding task, esp. one seen as a test of one's abilities or character.

life is composed of many challenges, it in its self is not one though
surviving a storm on the high seas = challenge
waking up in the morning and deciding what to eat for breakfast = non-challenge

life is not a task. life is life
Free Pv2Caribou
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
Life is not a challenge. Viewing life as a challenge is stupid. People do not "quit" life because it is "too hard" for them. That is a juvenile and elitist viewpoint. Life remains an experience, one that may be filled with challenges, but should also be filled with rewards and enjoyable experiences.

And actually yes, a vast majority of suicides have depression, but it's not exactly easily diagnosed if you just go in for a physical every six months.

Don't tell me to think things through when all you did was say "urrong."

Life is about problems, and solving them. This is how it is like a challenge. You may dislike the viewpoint, but it is a legit one, a plethora of people see it my way.

Maybe so, but it is their fault for keeping it to themselves.

You're not exactly wrong, you just are not making a lot of sense here. You say that life is an experience and that isn't exactly wrong, but you don't see it as a challenge. You also blame depression for suicide, which is logical to do at first, but when you think about it, a depressed person has a mouth and can cry for help. It is always your choice to take your own life, remember that.

So you think suicide is what, okay? You... Have no problem with it?
-----
Originally Posted by Cloneone1 View Post
Life is about problems, and solving them. This is how it is like a challenge. You may dislike the viewpoint, but it is a legit one, a plethora of people see it my way.

Maybe so, but it is their fault for keeping it to themselves.

You're not exactly wrong, you just are not making a lot of sense here. You say that life is an experience and that isn't exactly wrong, but you don't see it as a challenge. You also blame depression for suicide, which is logical to do at first, but when you think about it, a depressed person has a mouth and can cry for help. It is always your choice to take your own life, remember that.

So you think suicide is what, okay? You... Have no problem with it?

Edit: Orion: Read above, I don't mean challenge as in a back breaking task, but a plethora of problems that must be solved, and the challenge is to solve as much as you can. Because life is about problems and solving them.
Last edited by Cloneone1; Jan 30, 2011 at 06:31 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump