Toribash
Original Post
Halal Meat
A Muslim method of slaughtering animals.
If you're living in the UK, chances are you are served this meat in pubs and restaurants. Thoughts?

WARNING: graphic video

Last edited by Odlov; Feb 13, 2011 at 02:51 AM.
> I'm a carnivore, well, we're all carnivores.

I don't even.

The guy exaggerates a lot.
Ḏabīḥah (ذَبِيْحَة) is the prescribed method of slaughtering all animals excluding fish and most sea-life per Islamic law. This method of slaughtering animals consists of a swift, deep incision with a sharp knife on the neck, cutting the jugular veins and carotid arteries of both sides but leaving the spinal cord intact. The objective of this technique is to more effectively drain the body of the animal's blood, resulting in more hygienic meat, and to minimize the pain and agony for the animal.

I don't much care for religious propaganda, in this case anti-religious propaganda.

I like how he thinks zapping a cow with 40 thousand volts and then dropping it to a grinder is humane. There is no guarantee that the cow is unconcious.

We all know that any killing of an animal is not going to be pretty, if anyone has been to an abattoir is not pretty, there is no such way as a humane way to kill an animal. We accept that this is what we must do if we want to enjoy our meat.

If that guy really cared about how animals are treated then he would not eat meat at all, instead of eating only meat, thus proving that he is indeed spreading his propaganda with the intent to forward hatred towards Islam. Such hypocritical behaviour should not be tolerated.

Once again Odlov I would appreciate it if you did not attempt to spread anti-religious propaganda, you know full well that religion is not evil.
Originally Posted by Gurman View Post
> I'm a carnivore, well, we're all carnivores.

I don't even.

The guy exaggerates a lot.

True, but he is correct in that humanity for the most part eats meat. And he does immediately after acknowledge vegetarians. A bit unfair to say he exaggerates a lot based on that.

Looks like you missed the part where he says that "according to government vets, that takes 3 to 4 minutes." Minimizing pain and suffering doesn't work when you're creating it purely for religious purposes to begin with.

I don't much care for religious propaganda, in this case anti-religious propaganda.

I like how he thinks zapping a cow with 40 thousand volts and then dropping it to a grinder is humane. There is no guarantee that the cow is unconcious.

There isn't, but at least the idea of making sure the cow feels no pain is there.
I will agree that regular slaughterhouses are pretty inhumane.

We all know that any killing of an animal is not going to be pretty, if anyone has been to an abattoir is not pretty, there is no such way as a humane way to kill an animal. We accept that this is what we must do if we want to enjoy our meat.

With no pain or consciousness seems by far the most humane way, even if there is no genuinely humane way to kill an animal. I can accept that that's how I get my meat, yes. Seems like you're saying that if you can't achieve perfection you shouldn't go for the next best thing.

If that guy really cared about how animals are treated then he would not eat meat at all, instead of eating only meat, thus proving that he is indeed spreading his propaganda with the intent to forward hatred towards Islam. Such hypocritical behaviour should not be tolerated.

Or perhaps he's fine with society's norms but does not feel it is reasonable to make animals suffer any further than they already do. Hypocrisy doesn't mean we shouldn't consider what he says, anyways.

Once again Odlov I would appreciate it if you did not attempt to spread anti-religious propaganda, you know full well that religion is not evil. Untrue generalization. And no, not by intent.

Interesting video.
Last edited by Boredpayne; Feb 13, 2011 at 06:54 AM.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Religion is just a meme, a meme cannot be evil.

I am saying that if that is what the Islam have to do to eat meat, then they deal with it. Just like we deal with killing animals. I see no difference, they do what they gotta do.

I don't see why you think a cow's pain is so bad, from what we know about tazers, it hurts like a bitch. Although they are paralyzed, we know they are in extreme pain.

His whole argument was that it is sooooo inhumane. How can he find societys norms- OH WAIT, HALAL IS SOCIETYS NORMS, AS HE SAID.
If this is all about the way animals are slaughtered then I think it's redundant to try and kill an animal in the most humane way possible, either way it's going to be dead and it would end up not being able to know how it's suffered during life.
I R IRONMAN
i don't need to see the video
cuz the muslim ppl living around my area do the same and i don't like it
they just take a chicken in hand,cut his head off with a sharped long blade and then put it in a box and let him suffer...after he stops moving they take it out and cut his feathers and server buyers it's meat

I Wanna Say Something now...
none of the gods,religions,etc teach that u kill animals like that so plz stop this killing
animals can't speak,that doesn't mean that u treat them like that...everyone has their right to live the life they are expected to live
imagine urself in place of that animal before killing it
Last edited by Meamme0; Feb 13, 2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: De-obnoxiation

In both the Bible and the Qiran within the first book it talks about sacrificing animals for God, ie not even for eating.

Qiran specifies Ḏabīḥah.
I don't understand why the people in the vids weren't cutting the back of the necks, I mean doesn't that cut off the brain almost instantly from the CNS, after that my understanding is that they wouldn't feel anything.
I R IRONMAN
I didn't watched the video and I'd say, that is wrong. Halal meat is actually a meat that is right to eat according to the Quran. And before you kill the animal you wanna eat, you have to say "Bismillah" or "In the name of Allah" in English. That's the rule.. or whatever. I'm a Muslim myself.
Originally Posted by Hippybob View Post
I don't understand why the people in the vids weren't cutting the back of the necks, I mean doesn't that cut off the brain almost instantly from the CNS, after that my understanding is that they wouldn't feel anything.

Because to make it Halal they have to sever the artery but not sever the spine.