Toribash
Original Post
[GM]Recruitment drive

Hey you! Yes, you! We are looking for some new blood, do you feel like applying? Do you think you are good enough? A path to become one of us is wide open now!

What do we do
The GMs are in charge of hosting in-game and forum events you see around Toribash and also work like a kind of in-game police, dealing with all sorts of reports from players. Basically, we are here to make sure the game is fun and interesting.

What kind of people we are looking for
Creative and active. You think you have some great ideas for events and a drive to make them happen? Then it is a job for you. You are going to work with people so being talkative and people's person is a great addition. As we do have power to ban people, you also need to be mature and reliable (there is no age limit, though). Finally, you need to be able to communicate with players from all around the world so speaking good english is necessary.

Why be one
It is the best way to help the community. It is also fun. We all want to see Toribash grow and thrive. Being able to have a hand in that, bringing smiles to the faces of hundreds of players is a great privilege and great responsibility. There is also special reward system. By doing your job well, you can earn special points. These points can be used to get you some items or fancy forum stuff like animated avatars and unique usertitles.

How to apply
You can send a free-form application to Powas, Jtank, Scorpio, Cheshyre, AzureMage, or Ryan. You are required to include your timezone, but everything else is completely up to you. You may want to take a look at this tutorial, though. As we we will be reading and voting on every single application, this process will take some time. There is no set limit of applictants we are going to accept. Those who are accepted will receive a special PM with congratulations and initial information about trial process.

Special recruitment for artists
You want to help us but becoming full-fledged GM does not sound so appealing, you are afraid you might not have enough time for the job? There is a way, as long as you can do art. You see, we need banners for our events, so if you have some kind of artistic talent, you may apply for a GM Artist position, which will allow you to closely cooperate with the team. This job is unpaid. Please include examples of your works (try to include at least one banner) in your application.

If you have any further questions, you are free to ask them here, but please do not post things like "I applied" or "Good luck to everyone else" - those posts will be deleted and you will get infracted.

Forum banner, visible at the top of the page is a work of Pheature.
Last edited by Scorpio; Jan 4, 2015 at 10:05 PM.
retired
Can GM Artists still host and do all the other stuff regular GMs do?
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
No. You won't get power. You will be able to see our forum and post there. If you prove yourself to be worthy there, your chances to get a shoot at a GM position will be higher. Being an artist might be demanding at times, especially during months with themed events, that's why we are looking for few guys to help us. On the other hand, recruitment for artists is just an addition, we need guys to host events, art for those is a secondary issue. That said, you can apply for both postions.
Last edited by Powas; Oct 31, 2014 at 05:43 PM.
retired
You never know untill you try, however, if someone has a history of various bans/infractions, it'll be really hard to get a chance. I'm talking about 'being a dick in-game' type of infractions, we don't pay that much attention to forum/market ones. Of course, if you've got banned for being an ass on forums, that affects our votes as well.
retired
Ah I have a question,
I'm a poor kid in toribash,
Do the globals come out of the bank or your wallet.
because before applying I feel need to know this.
Last edited by BANG; Nov 1, 2014 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Making my post look less stupid
I have two questions.
How long is this going to be going on?
Is it required to have hosted events in the past or do you just need to have the ability to?
No you they don't really require you to be experied in this job (i mean hosted past events or etc), but if they like you and think you are capable you will be put as a trial GM for some weeks and they will see if you deserve this job.
Originally Posted by Razer73 View Post
Ah I have a question,
I'm a poor kid in toribash,
Do the globals come out of the bank or your wallet.
because before applying I feel need to know this.

No, during trial period you ask fully fledged GM for that and once you are a full GM yourself it is free.

Originally Posted by xXExoXx View Post
I have two questions.
How long is this going to be going on?
Is it required to have hosted events in the past or do you just need to have the ability to?

It will last until we find what we are looking for, could be 3 weeks, month or even two. It will be over when we gather enough people.
Previous hosting experience is not required but really helps your application.
We have trial period not only to test but also to train newcomers.

Originally Posted by monkeyapex View Post
What's the youngest GM you guys have got out of interest?

Currently it would be 2WC